Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: What happens if you just stop PAYING? (by KC):

jayjay wrote:
ken, you, of all people, should realize that joseph was given very bad advice by the long winded poster who is evidently a financial advisor that tries to get people free from their owed debts.

JayJay: I didn't (and I still don't) regard Carvana's input as having been offered or intended as advice on trying to evade personal responsibility for one's debt. Instead, I regarded (and I still regard) that input as merely that of an attorney (...my own assumption) addressing the consequences and aftermath of unpaid debt, yet making clear that (underlying debt responsibility notwithstanding) noone has to tolerate continuous pestering by collection entities under applicable provisions of federal law. Putting an end to harassing collection calls certainly does not in any way alter the existence or validity of the debt or somehow magically make it disappear --- and I don't believe that Carvana was or is actually suggesting otherwise at all. Perhaps Carvana will choose to weigh in and speak for himself regarding his intent, but that's how I interpreted the input.