Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Same page... (by KC):

JayJay: We seem to be having two very different and almost entirely unrelated conversations. To be crystal clear, I DO NOT DISAGREE with a single word you're saying about personal responsibility and accountability. We agree on that point, but it's simply NOT related to my input.

My only point was (and it STILL is) that I don't believe that Carvana was (or is) advocating evasion of debt responsibility, but was (and still is) instead merely addressing the consequences and aftermath of unresolved debt --- and the right to effect cessation of excessive collection calls (a consumer right which is provided by federal law). To be very clear, stopping those excessive calls DOES NOT impact, change or in any way eliminate the existence or validity of the debt. Am I sufficiently clear on that point?

Re: >> If owners paid their fees, then there would be no need for 'harrassing phone calls' from bill collection agencies. That's what they get paid to do.<<

You are correct and I agree. Nonetheless, the law provides for consumers to be able to initiate limitations on the telephone collection assault --- WITHOUT any impact whatsoever on the continued existence or validity of the debt itself!

Re: >> But for some reason many people think that just because it's a timeshare maintenance fee debt that they are not obligated to pay it.<<

Again, we agree on this --- but that's still irrelevant to the point regarding the content and intent of the law allowing limitation on excessive collection calls. The debt is still there, alive and well (...and growing by the day), with or without those collection calls!

Re: >> Whatever happened to personal responsibity / integrity in this country? <<

That's an excellent question. Somewhere along the way (Generations X and Y, in my opinion), the concepts of personal responsibility and accountability somehow instead became subrogated by a new mentality of "personal entitlement". How, when (...or if) integrity and personal responsibility stage a comeback is a whole philosophical discussion and matter of speculation in and of itself...