Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Cease fire requested... (by R P.):

carvana wrote:
"ALL THE SAD EXCUSES IN THE WORLD" for being unable to pay his/her contractual debts. This is something that Jayjay should experience and possibly it would soften her view of the world. I am sure she has been blessed with a husband that has provided well for her and she has not personally experienced any deprivation. The economic downturn we are experiencing may provide some opportunities for her to see that all people who do not pay their debts are not "deadbeats" including those who do not pay their maintenance fees.

We will never be put in that situation since we've always lived within our means and paid our bills on time. We haven't financed anything since we were young marrieds (except the first two houses we owned).

If we can't pay cash, it isn't bought in this household (kind of like what Dave Ramsey and Suze Orman teach). We have one credit card, which we very seldom use and have no debt on it. We paid cash for our developer bought timeshare when we didn't know anything about resales.

When I was young my dad was always worrying about bills and that constant stress was noted by me. That's when I swore I would never get in a financial situation where I'd have to endure stress concerning paying bills.

And, I'm just the messenger here concerning owing maintenance fees to HOAs and resorts. I didn't make the rules, I just merely know what the rules are at 99% of resorts. Maintenance fees are their bread and butter and if everyone quit paying, the resort would self-destruct or would leave a huge burden on those that do pay.