Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: What happens if you just stop PAYING? (by Joseph B.):

my goodness, you guys like to argue, don't you? I am Joe B who posted this original thing. I tend to not want to pay money for something I don't want or need. It's simple. I no longer need this timeshare, and I don't want to send them $800 a year any more. (I've owned this thing over 22 years now, without any problems).

What bothers me is this: first of all, Vistana (my resort) has had my unit listed for sale ($17,000, they said) for about five years now. Not ONCE have they contacted me about ANYTHING regarding my unit for sale. I am a real estate appraiser. I know that my unit has no value, unless I SELL it. Meaning, ram it down someone's throat with a sales pitch. I wouldn't do that. I've tried to give it away--no takers. Clearly, there is no value here. Why, then, does Vistana continue SELLING these things? For the money, obviously. But what they are doing is, to me, a crime. Not in the legal sense, but in the moral sense.

I just don't want to send them any more money. It's not right.

As a side note, they remodeled my unit (not at my request; the unit was fine), and want $2,500 from me, in five easy annual installments. Just WHEN do they stop sucking me (us) dry? They can have the unit back, I don't care. I just think that what they are doing is wrong, and where will it end?

I wish I could get a lawyer to tell me what will, or could, happen to me. That's why I posted in the first place.