Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Global Travel Network - has anyone used this? Pros and cons? (by Lance C.):

angelitas5 wrote:
I asked so if I dont bring my boyfriend I cant do the offered vacation--no-you must bring him--he has to hear all the information-explained conversation uncomfortable--req Spvr--long story short--no refund--no vacation--no deal package--insisting I bring my divorced boyfriend!

In these sales presentations for timeshares and vacation clubs, there are reasons why the sales people or departments insist that you bring your significant other (spouse, boyfriend, girlfriend, fiance, etc.). They fear that after they have worn you down to buy their product without your SO there, your SO will be of sane mind when you go back to him/her and talk you out of it.

Another reason is that most potential buyers will insist to the sales person that they have to talk it over with their respective SOs. The sales people must make you buy on the spot right there and then.

Also, one of the sales people's psychological tactics is to pit one spouse or SO against the other. Just ask a number of couples who have sat through these presentations.