Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Information rental agreements, (by Phil L.):

nancys314 wrote:
I have a question because I have a tentative renter for one of my weeks, but they want some info on what happens if they need to cancel. I don't want that to be my problem, so that I end up eating the week at the last minute.

Nancy when a renter is more worried about what if they cancel is a red flag! Many owners will have in the contract no refunds for any reason just to be covered. Many renters will grab a good week {holiday weeks} they want and later see a last minute deal and use any excuse for refund. I have seen some great weeks like Hawaii show up on last minute for five hundred dollars but must be used in one or two weeks and these renters see it and want to cancel. This can't be your problem so no refunds!

Many owners will use the rental money to rent another resort for their own vacation.Because of this they can't afford to be returning the renters money.When I have rented I state in the contract that they should be sure they will use the unit because there will be no refunds for any reason

PHILL12