Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: DONT BE SCAMMED, SMOKE AND MIRRORS- WYNDHAM/RCI. (by Shelia L.):

I was curious about a statement that you made that it doesn't cost Wyndham anything for points and that points are simply an idea. Which is, no offense very incorrect. When Wyndham the developer buys land and then builds a resort I'm pretty sure it was very costly. Points are not simply some dreamed up number out of the air. Points are deeded to a property and can never increase or decrease. In the black and white days of timeshare when someone bought a week, they were deeded at that resort in one unit the same week every year. The way that points are deeded is as follows: Wyndham assigned a points value to each size room in the three different seasons. For example let's say that building that you stayed at in Nashville has 20 one bedroom units. A one bedroom unit is worth 105000 points in prime season. So take the 20 units times 105000 times 52 weeks a year. That is the total amount of deedsble points to that particular building, . Points are deeded as an un-decided interest deed. Because these points are deeded the points charts can never be changed. So I don't understand how you could think points are simply an idea. Someone had to pay to buy land and build buildings.... Sorry you had an unpleasant experience at Wyndham. My husband and I have been points owners for a long time and we love the flexibility that it offers for our family. Anyway I hope this hi Rd you a little better understanding of points.