Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Marriott vs. Starwood (by Charles G.):

I know people who own at Starwood and are very happy with their ownership. I also know people that own with Marriott like myself, and we are equally very happy with our resorts. I don't think you can go wrong buying into either company, as they both have first rate properties. This year, it was challenge for me to book my two Newport Coast Villa's weeks, having missed out on two consecutive weeks. I can book 13 months in advance, where they release half of the inventory, saving the remaining 50% for the single week owners to book 12 months out. I had to call immediately at 6:00 a.m. PST, to reserve my two weeks. On two weeks, I had to wait several minutes in the que before a vacation counselor got on the line. By that time, the inventory for that particular week was gone! That would be my only complaint, being that the weeks in hottest demand can be hard to book. However, I did strike pay dirt last Monday, where I reserved both weeks for August 28, 2010. I immediately exchanged one of the two weeks with a request for Hawaii in 2010, and Interval International gave me a bonus week certificate for the exchange! With the bonus certificate I subsequently requested and was able to book a two bedroom at the Marriott Timber Lodge in Lake Tahoe for next June for only $299 plus tax. Can't even get that price on a rental using Redweek! Interval International has always given me a bonus week certificate for exchanging one of my Marriott weeks.