Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Re: Security Deposit Required? (by KC):

yovanab wrote:
I am in the process of purchasing time share and they have requested 1,000 deposit also in addition to maintenance fee upfront. Is this legit, I dun know I am fairly new to this time share stuff.

Who is this unidentified "they" you vaguely mention??? A private seller? A broker? A third party eBay reseller? Other?

You have not provided enough detail to give you an informed answer, but anyone requesting pre-payment of maintenance fees before completion of a resale transaction is highly suspect, in my opinion. The request is unusual and entirely inappropriate. Maintenance fees are the current owner's responsibility --- not your problem as a potential buyer.

Question: Why would you (or anyone else) pre-pay a maintenance fee for a week that they do not yet even own? And how would a buyer even know whether or not this "pre-paid" mf money ever got applied to maintenance fees at all?

Answer: They wouldn't. Accordingly, It makes no sense at all to even consider this. Maintenance fees are not your problem and not your responsibility until and unless you actually become the owner (not just a potential buyer).