Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Club Wyndham Points vs. RCI Points (by KC):

peterp151 wrote:
OK Ken, I agree the CSR can give grossly incorrect information. But in this case the person who wants to know is far better off asking RCI Points where they will get an answer rather than most of the replies on this thread where people are more or less guessing. I think I'm the only one who quoted specific RCI info from the RCI website, which I feel indicates I'm the only one providing rock solid info. Even then, part of my own answer is not 100% certain, which is why it's better to call RCI Points.

I think you are missing the point of the original question though, which is how many Wyndham points translate to RCI Points. You are correct in that the two programs are completely different, but that's like saying you will never know how many RCI Points an RCI Weeks unit is worth. The correct answer is "it depends" and "find out what you can reserve using your weeks unit or Wyndham Points unit, then find out from RCI how many RCI Points that is worth". Then you'll know what variation there is in the exchange rate from Wyndham to RCI Points.

I clearly understood (and still clearly understand now) the original question --- quite thoroughly. The answer is clear and indisputable; there is simply NO correlation between RCI Points and Club Wyndham Points (the latter being formerly known as Fairshare Plus Points until a March, 2009 "rebranding").

I'm certainly not "guessing" with my own input on this matter; I have personally owned and used among ALL of the aforementioned programs at one time or another (...and I still own Wyndham, but no longer choose to own RCI Points or use RCI at all), but I guess we can just politely agree to disagree here.

It is precisely known (and knowable) exactly how many RCI Points it takes to reserve a week with RCI; published charts and tables make all of that relativelty simple and straightforward. Likewise with Wyndham, with their OWN separate and different Wyndham resort points charts. Where the lines "blur" in this discussion is trying to somehow evaluate one "currency" against the other, when they actually have absolutely no commonality at all.

For the OP, if you want to have telephone conversation about Wyndham Points, then you might want to speak with Wyndham itself (i.e., not RCI). Call Wyndham at 1-800-251-8736 and make your way through the voice prompts to reach a human being. Good luck, in any case.