Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Diamond Resorts International (DRI) "THE CLUB" Points Program & Converting your Week to Points (by Erman C.):

For those that are deeded weeks owners that trade on RCI you might consider becoming an RCI points member so you can trade your deeded DRI (former Sunterra weeks) for RCI Points. You'll then have the flexibility to do RCI points trades into all their points properties. I actually had to buy an RCI points trading timeshare (Vacation Village at Parkway in Orlando) on eBay to make me eligible to join RCI points (no additional fee over your RCI weeks membership). Now my 4bd/4ba lockoff units at Historic Powhatan Plantation in Williamsburg can either be deposited in RCI weeks (one 4bd/4ba or two 2bd/2ba units) or deposited as 40,000 RCI pts per 2bd/2ba. So my 4bd/4ba units equal 80,000 RCI points per year. Lots of choices for trading into all the RCI points properties so for me this is the ultimate in flexibility. One added data point, you can easily buy the Historic Powhatan or the Vacation Village for under $100 on eBay plus closing costs (approx $400). DRI may be over pricing the MFs, but they are improving the properties. My point would be if you want to avoid the very high DRI cost of converting your deeded units to points, enjoy the best of both worlds by buying deeded units cheap and when desired trade for RCI points vacations for flexibility.

Hope this helps.

EC

PS: If you just want out of your DRI points or deeded units and don't think they will sell for anything DRI will accept them as surrendered units for following fees: $250/points membership surrendered and $85/deeded unit surrendered. MFs must be current. Call the loss mitigation unit at DRI. BTW: They do this to have more resort inventory for their high cost point membership sales.