Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Diamond Resorts International (DRI) "THE CLUB" Points Program & Converting your Week to Points (by Michael D.):

charless345 wrote:
michaeld414 wrote:
If you are a satisfied points owner why are you here....? Why are you making statements that are promoting more points to be sold... Do you know how many members there are in any given collection, I will bet it is way beyond the number of units times the number of weeks in the year... Selling air is about the same deal.... You are selling just like those at any resort presentation "High Pressure" and when a serious question is asked, shuffle that person off to a more powerful sales person... Let all potential vacation buyer's beware, they will sell as many as they can, my past experience with DRI was the fee's the first year 2008 - 2009 went up 50%, second year 2009 - 2010 went up 25% and then a special assessment was levied that was equal to over 200% of the annual fee... The Deeded Owners got hit with double that amount, because they wanted to pressure them to surrender their Deeds in favor of points, as you have far less power in the points system... Why do you think there is a Federal Class Lawsuit filed with the US District Court in Honolulu...

Michaeld, I did not see where this was a complaints only board or forum. These forums are also to provide a resource for people as well. If I don't think the way you do, I should not be on the board. I know that you know that makes no sense.

I am a DRI owner like you, but in a different faction of the system. You have a deed and I have points. It was stated that DRI's maintenance fees have gone up 16% EACH YEAR. I provided data that that was not the case for everyone in the DRI system.

I have stated this before and I will one more time. If DRI is in fact doing illegal activity and following unlawful practices, then throw the book at them and come down hard on them. However, if it is found that they in fact are within their rights to do what they are doing then let's move on and enjoy our vacations. You seem to be judge, jury and executioner without due process or allowing the system to weigh the evidence. Anyone can sue, but you have to prove it. Let's see what the courts say first. Then we can call them criminals. Remember, if you are a US citizen, one is innocent until proven guilty.

You start these forums to promote the DRI and other "Points Systems" and try to dismiss those who have negative personal experiences... You only want to promote this corrupt business model, its a huge cash cow for the developers and promoters, and a huge Bully Staff that sells them... Buyer beware, these are nightmares in the making for anyone who spends their money, its like buying air... You are a shill for the industry