Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Diamond Resorts International (DRI) "THE CLUB" Points Program & Converting your Week to Points (by Cory J.):

I found this message board while looking for point conversion to pay for fees. Last time I checked, it didn't seem like a worthwhile use of the points. I read one fairly recent post that seemed to reconfirm that impression. Any other thoughts about that or other ways to use the points? I'm a platinum member and have more points than I can use at least until I retire. I live in Houston, so usually fly united (wish it was still continental), so american doesn't work for me since there's no hub there. Any other good uses anybody know of?

I did read all the other posts, so I'll comment on some of those. First of all, I am very sorry for the owners at Poipu Point. I just returned from there and they had at least one builiding completely closed that they were redoing. My friend who used to work there said that it was the largest special assessment in history. He said that the deeded owners got bigger assessments than points owners which doesn't seem fair. I enjoyed my visit, but it did seem that morale was pretty low there. Anyway, good luck with you lawsuit.

My home resort is cypress pointe and overall I've been happy with the timeshare experience and with the club. When I first bought there were only a handful of resorts in the original family which I believe was named Argosy, then there was sunterrra and then diamond resorts. I converted my deeded weeks into points to use when it was still sunterra and I still own my deeded weeks which I think is different than this trust thing. A couple of years ago I was looking to pick up some additional weeks and came into contact with an owners representative at my home resort. I was able through her help to pick up some additional weeks by paying the maintenance fee for that year and a transfer fee. Some resorts will put you into contact with owners who want to sell. Anyway, since I don't attend these sales pitches, I don't really know what they're pushing these days, but she told me she had owners coming to her in tears because they converted their weeks into points. They got more points, but now have much higher maintenance fees. I'm not sure how much higher theirs are than mine, though. I guess it's based on the points you have rather than what the costs are at your home resort. Anybody know how that's figured?