Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

GroupWise Redux (by KC):

lancec13 wrote:
Roy VB never did answer the question How much did GW charge?

Roy may or may not have been a shill for GroupWise, but his (factually inaccurate and dubious) post is nearly a year old now, so unlikely to be answered at this point.

GroupWise conducts travelling road shows to peddle their "salvation services", while preaching of the evils and pitfalls of timeshare ownership. My limited understanding is that they do not charge a single "fixed" price, but an amount which is essentially several times that of the maintenance fee amount of the particular timeshare at issue.

On rare occasions, decent timeshares can actually be bought from GW at very low prices (although the closing costs are no particular bargain). I actually bought one from GW myself years ago for peanuts (and after using it for two years, resold it --- for even fewer peanuts). As mentioned already, Groupwise has already made their money on any timeshare that they offer for sale, even if they give the timeshare away for free, since some poor fool has already given them a few thousand dollars to dump a timeshare that the owner likely could have parted with entirely on their own with a little effort (and without spending a few thousand dollars).