Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Groupwise inc, anyone here heard of them ? (by KC):

Groupwise (based in Pennsylvania, if I recall correctly) is a typical so-called "PostCard Company". They have been around and alive and well for years. Essentially, they get Power of Attorney from would-be "sellers" (who have unwisely paid them a few thousand dollars upfront). Groupwise then uses that PoA to try to (...maybe) dump that timeshare anywhere they possibly can (if they can actually even do so at all). Such offerings often appear on eBay for a dollar. Groupwise doesn't much care what that timeshare sells for. After all, they are already ahead of the game by several thousand dollars from each and every "client" that unwisely pays them big money right upfront, despite Groupwise providing absolutely no guarantee of any successful results.

I am certainly no fan of the GroupWise "business model", but I fail to see how what they do is in any way illegal --- or how or why what they do would be of any interest at all to any Attorney General. They are a very overpriced listing service --- no more and no less. Frankly, what really baffles me is why anyone would ever foolishly choose to pay GroupWise thousands of dollars of their hard earned money up front in the first place, just to maybe (...repeat maybe) get rid of a unwanted timeshare for them.

In short, I don't see Groupwise as a "scam". Instead, I see it as an opportunistic, overpriced and parasitic "listing" enterprise which collects serious money from desperate people who somehow believe that just ponying up some big money is going to achieve an easy, magical escape from their contractual obligations. It's not that simple or easy folks --- even if you choose to unwisely believe otherwise.