Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Marriott Destination Club Points transfer process and required fees (by Dan S.):

This seems confusing to me. I am in the program right now and own 2 every year shares and one that is every other year. Our Destinaton Points average about 9000 per year. Eventually we would like to consider getting to the Premier Plus Level, but it seems awfully expensive to do so. It seems that buying the points to make up the difference to get to 13000 will cost another $35,000 or more. They talk about moving the Premier Plus level even higher in the future, which sounds really pricey. Buying a resale from Marriott seemed to be a way to spend less, but I was told that you need to buy a matching amount of points, which would negate much of the savings associated with a resale. In other words, rather than buying a Marriott resale to make up the 4000 Destination Points, I would be forced to find a resale that equates to 2000 and then they would have to sell me the other 2000 in Trust points. When it is all said and done the Premier Plus Maintainence Fees per year would climb to the range of $5,000 and $6000 a year in total, which is a lot.