Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

I have a question about timeshare ownership vs vacation property ownership (by Lance C.):

bs159 wrote:
TS offers an inflation-proof vacation option for the entire family spread over 25 / 30 years and is easily transferable. In the net sum TS if correctly chosen can provide a secure, enjoyable and cost effective vacation to the entire family for may years.

Inflation-proof? Uh, Buddy, have you seen what's been happening with TS maintenance fees over the last 5-10 years? They have escalated relentlessly. I know one thing: Maintenance fees where we own have increased a lot faster than my wages.

Easily transferable? Have you seen how many people are desperately trying to give their TSs away (usually due to the relentlessly escalating maintenance fees) without success?

Maybe I misunderstood your post but owning timeshares is neither "inflation-proof" nor "easily transferable" (unless you are the one buying).