Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Marriott Resale VS Points (by Charles S.):

If you own one week and want to travel there each year, then the DC program is not for you. You can continue to use your villa the way you always. You can still use II and in most cases you will still be able to trade. The points system is advantageous if you want to really improve your chances of finding out if you can get into a resort in a high demand area earlier than II would let you know. This can be crucial if you are trying to make airline reservations. Also, if your resort does not provide you with ample points, then I would not join if I only had one week.

I only have one week, but since it's in Hawaii, I get quite a bit of points and can stay for a couple of weeks in 2 bedrooms depending on the resort. I also like the points system because I have the abiity to rent points from another Marriott owner. They rent anywhere from .40-.60 per point. This can be a tremendous deal in that I can use points to rent more or larger units and not have to worry about paying exhorbitant maintenance fees each year. On top of that I can buy only the amount of points that I need.

pamelat108 wrote:
Hi, You posted about the point system some time ago and I am wondering if you still feel the same way. We own about an hour and half from our home and don't mind going there, though when we bought it we didn't think we would go. We've traded for a villa (Marriott always) in France, Spain, and a few other places in the states. We thought our kids would be able to join us, but they are still unable to afford airfare to exotic places, thus the Jersey Shore each year. People are telling me is going to get harder to get the weeks I want, but I thought since I had bought at this location, I could always vacation here. No? I appreciate feedback from anyone. Really don't want to put out more $$$.