Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuite (by Chris V.):

davide, i'm in almost the exact situation that you are. i bought one week about 9-10 years ago, then stupidly bought another week (both from the mc), and even more stupidly upgraded one week to the penthouse.............and then bought another for under $5,000 from a broker...3 weeks total. most of the time i'm able to comfortably book 9 months in advance, but i'd like to have a spur-of- the-moment availability from time to time...a rarity to say the least. all this while each time i go to the mc, i see salespeople consistently taking sucker clients around, OVERSELLING beyond limits. we (wife and i) live on long island so we're at the club for 1,2,3 days each month from april through december. we love the place itself...a great respite from the day to day "grind" but the management is unbelievably obnoxious, with their out-of-sight maintenance fees, and overselling, limiting owners' reservation availability. what angers me most is that owners are paying outrageous maintenance fees and then being told that reservations are not readily available then renting to non-owners on hotel.com, expedia.com or through their own " inventory." so they're making money on maintenance and on their own inventory rentals, TOTALLY ILLEGAL TO SAY THE LEAST. our lawsuit, as drawn, has merit but WHEN WILL IT GET OFF THE GROUND AND INTO LITIGATION SO THAT THE COURTS CAN GIVE US A FAIR RESOLUTION TO OUR PLIGHT IN DEALING WITH THIS FRAUDULENT OPERATION? there needs to be media coverage that will be forceful enough to make bruce eichner and company change their tune and respect us owners. write to nyc local newspapers and other media like tv news shows, or commentators that will blow the lid off how the mc operates. have an independent auditor monitor the financial reports...so far i have received only the report sent by the mc, and i didn't see any proof that it was independently audited by a certified cpa.

get back with comments good luck, cfox863@gmail.com