Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Exhorbitant Maintenance Fees (by Lee B.):

So over the past 2 years I've considered selling my Ka'anapali North island view 2br Lockoff guaranteeded for event week 51 (Christmas week). There's a nice Timeshare sales office right there in downtown Lahina (you'll see it when you're walking around the stores). My wife and I walked in, and I sat down and asked flat out "what can I get for my condo?". He said about $22,000. I had him fill out the paperwork. The next day we did our timeshare schpeel with Starwood to get our 5,000 points, and told them that I was selling. I was surprised on what they said there during the schpeel. They said that they have "run out of product" meaning condos, and since they have the "First right of Refusal" on any sale, they told me that they have been buying up their own product on the secondary market, and re-selling them. I asked what my particular event week Island view would sell for, and after punching a few buttons, they said around $50,000. I decided not to sell for the $22,000. I leave it up to all of you to verify if in fact Starwood DOES buy up their own product back in the secondary market. Let me know.