Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Diamond Resorts raises maintenance fees again! (by David K.):

Look, DRI and their ilk are just thieves. Period. I'm paying $870 for one (floating) week at a property which has not been updated in years. This works out to just under $125/night to stay someplace where they only make up the room and replace the soap every 3 days, where there is no free coffee or breakfast, where half the TV's are those old CRT jobs, and where the WiFi is next to useless unless you are in the lobby.

For the same rate per night I could stay in several nice hotels where my room would be made up every night, the WiFi works, and I get a very decent free breakfast. Not only that but they wouldn't have $11,000 1993 dollars of mine in their pockets.

Accept that you were a huge sucker and got ripped off, and thank your Republican representatives for being good whores and making sure that there was no regulatory oversight of unscrupulous resort developers which could have made it more difficult for them to swindle naive and trusting folks like us.

Finally, a word to some of the more recent posters on this topic: Please learn to use at least 3rd grade English. Not only is your spelling and grammar awful, but it is often impossible to determine what you are trying to say. I'm sure there must be some remedial classes at your local community college -- that is unless your Republican representatives have made sure that the funding for such programs was cut.