Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Diamond Resorts raises maintenance fees again! (by Michael D.):

daveb430 wrote:
I guess my question here is, has anyone who has paid the initial cost up front gotten out of this thing? I also would be curious as to the legal repercussions of ceasing to pay MFs. Can they come after us legally and garnish wages as we are not destitute or insolvent? I have a an attorney friend looking over the contract we signed. I did notice that in one of the pieces of paper it states that all diamond resorts are 1/2 price at 60 days but we've come to find multiple diamond owned resorts that do not do this. Calling they stated it was at the resorts discretion. There are so many things that we were told that hopefully can be determined to be a breach of contract on their part in some way, shape or form.

Dave

YES, I paid 55,000 $$ cash for 31,000 points, became so disgusted with Diamond Resorts as we could not get a reservation at The Point at Poipu for over 2 years after paying that plus our MF... Then they tried to tell us that because we did not use our points, we would loose them... We rolled the first years points over but could not use them the second year because there were no vacancies during the time we had off... So we had to rent a condo near there for the month we had off... After a few more years our MF went from 1250 per week of Ocean front to 2400 per week plus the 'water intrusion fee' of over 12,000 $$... I told them I would no longer use my membership and would no longer pay any more... We did walk away, they only refunded to us the MF for the last year that we paid them but did not use any of the points for that year...