Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Diamond Resorts raises maintenance fees again! (by Charles S.):

michaeld414 wrote:
Charles 345 is a Diamond plant to counter the negatives that Members post here on a regular basis... The maintenance fee's when we dumped our Diamond membership at the "Point of Poipu" 4-5 years ago was $ 300 per night, annual fee's were $ 4,300 for our 31,000 points that equated to 14 nights in an Oceanfront unit... Not to mention the $ 54,000 cash that we paid for the membership, equal to 10 years renting a 2 bedroom Condo for a month near by, not including any annual fee's... "In my opinion" Diamond Resorts is a huge ripoff, the DRI management to me is an ongoing criminal fraud enterprise, selling points is akin to selling you air... Charles you are a fraud, of course that is just my opinion, but when it quacks like a Duck, it is usually a DUCK...

Well, michaeld414, it's a shame that you still after a year feel that I am some sort of fraud and not an owner like you were. I again invite you to our Facebook page ( Diamond Resorts International Members) and you will see that I am by far some fraud. You can read several of my posts that I share with other owners where we have our faces and names. Like all timeshares, there are pluses and minuses. I own a timeshare with DRI and Marriott. They both have owners who are happy and unhappy. They have both had lawsuits filed against them and mostly because of membership lack of information which I must say that timeshare developers like to limit. Nonetheless, it's possible to get great vacations with your memberships. I do agree that the costs are getting to the point where one has to question their sustainability. However, many are still able to get good value from their ownership. I can stay for a few months depending on where I go and when I go on vacation. For what I pay in maintenance fees, I still do better than a hotel room. I can vacation or visit relatives fairly easily as I usually plan my vacations well in advance. In fact last July I had a great time at The Point in Kauai which is one of my favorites. Since you've made the choice to dissolve your membership which is fine, there may be others who are trying to do the same as you or even others who want to try and make the best of the ownership. I know from the Facebook site that there are several other owners who enjoy their membership and know the rules and share the rules. We may not all like DRI's fees and constant benefit changes, but we still enjoy the accommodations at many of the resorts and we are still able to have fun on our vacation.