Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Open Letter to Steve Cloobeck, Diamond Resorts International CEO (by Paula H.):

Its one thing when they sell you something with "their word" and what was promised during the transaction, and another what is stated in the contract . Idk do you have hours to sit and read every word on a contract before you realize some things are not extactly what was stated to you ? Guess that is our bad! The unfortunate thing is these timeshares are a money pit and you can't do a thing with them. For those of us who aren't as fortunate as you may be, in being able to travel all the time, and use it as much as you would be able to, and truly benefit from it, basically you are screwed! I would venture to guess there are a lot of people in the same boat as we are with finiancial hardships and paying for something that is just a money pit and prices increasing to where you can't afford them . You can't even "turn the timeshare over" because they won't take it back. Even with the loss we would take on the money we purchased it for. They only look at it as money they will lose on maintenance fees, (that continue to increase for what?) they dont care about how those fees are sometimes impossible to make for us, but then again, I guess that isn't their problem now is it! That is what you are saying by reading your contract and dealing with it. The buy back that was told to us about at the time of purchase is just BS but guess that is why they are "salesmen" so with that said, I am done with this conversation. We are screwed like so many other owners, and guess we will have to live with it, since there are no other options, selling and even trying to get your weeks rented out at what you pay for your fees are a joke and these companies saying they can sell or rent out your timeshare are laughing all the way to the bank, just like DRI is doing when an owner signs the papers. There are so many other negative experiences I have had with DRI but I don't have time to waste talking about it, nothing changes.