Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Consumer Advocates Services Enterprises Inc....a scam? Anyone please help (by R P.):

jamesp695 wrote:
I get why people feel this way about any advocacy group. The problem is there names are similar and when you have been burned, like I have a number of times I was hesitant. Did my homework checked if there was complaints with the Cal ATG, the BBB and the BCA and there were none. I let them handle a case with TSBO and they won. Then I gave them 2 more "resellers" one against Right Choice Transfer and one with Timeshare Hotlist. They won the RCT case for $4995 and lost the Timeshare Hotlist case because it was too old. Overall they got me almost $7k back. Did it cost me? Hell ya it did but it was still well worth it. They also did all the paperwork for the ATG, Dept of Consumer Services, FTC and let me have a voice. I inherited this when my mother passed away never wanted it in the first place and they have been the first legit company I ever dealt with. I understand why people's reactions are automatically it has to be a fraud the problem is if there is a good company out there and my experience tells me Consumer Advocate Services is then why discourage people for no reason? IMO

One more time I smell a shill .... if one has signed a legally binding contract to buy a timeshare then no advocacy group in the world can get one out of that contract UNLESS FRAUD can be PROVED and that fraud has to be included in the written contract, not what was stated verbally in a presentation.

Why would any state AG (much less the FTC) hire an unknown entity to do the work that they (AGs) do on a daily basis (and what the tax payer pays them to do) ..... answer is, they don't. A state AG has no authority to hire a second party to handle their cases .... they handle their own cases.