Renters beware!

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Renters beware! (by Robin H.):

Carolgs, As I mentioned, I had always requested the contract first, read through it, contacted Marriott, then sent my money. But this particular owner never sent me a contract, but I had confirmed with Marriott he was an owner. I never had a problem in the past with owners, so I proceeded with the transaction. So, I sent my money. All along, he had advertised oceanfront. The owner had the opportunity to make it right with me by refunding my money, or sending me partial refund for the downgrade view. But instead, he was rude, slow in getting back to me and simply put a thief! My whole point to my message, was to make other renters aware that this was going on and to save them the aggravation of getting ripped off by low life's that I had to deal with. I appreciate your advise. I learned a valuable lesson last year. I proceed with extreme caution from now on! Enjoy your week at Oceanfront! It's a beautiful property!