Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Buying Marriott Destinations points (by Charles S.):

lynn411 wrote:
Is it possible to buy points on the resale market? This process is very confusing. I would like to buy my first timeshare on the resale market but want to be able to travel to the different destinations. Could someone please advise me on the best way to proceed?

If you want to buy Marriott Destination Club points, you will have to find a seller who will have to pay Marriott a fee that is based upon the number of points he or she is selling to you and then you will have to pay Marriott $200 per beneficia interest which means you have to pay them $200 for every 250 points you are buying. You have to buy a minimum of $2000. In addition, the new owner must pay a $300 "education" fee. Thus, you will pay Marriott a minimum of $2300 for resale Marriott DC points. That is if the owner just wants out and is willing to charge you nothing for the points. That would be for 2500 points. That many points will get you a week in no more than studios in all of the Hawaii resorts except one in Kauai where you would be able to get a 1 bedroom. You would only be able to go to the Caribbean resorts during hurricane season. According to Marriott you would have full usage of points after paying their fees.