Buying Timeshare?

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Buying Timeshare? (by Wendy K.):

I've had both a very negative experience of timeshare and swore I'd not do it again and then a very positive experience! We stayed at the Le meridien Limassol in the hotel without realizing it was also timeshare (fantastic) but it cost £800/week. Then 1 year later I found a timeshare resale for a 1 bedroom which cost £1800/21years and have been delighted ever since, annual maintenance fees (~£350/wk) have not increased much over 8 years. My advice would be the same as everyone else, truly pick somewhere you could use repeatedly. If you have a young family then the extra space you get over hotel rooms or family suites with separate bedrooms is in my opinion worth it. My experience with the cost of hotel suites in nice hotels says the cost of my timeshare is peanuts compared to the 000's I pay on these other weeks as I do not like to be couped up in a small room and want all the facilities of a top class hotel. Pick your timeshare wisely and you can be quids in!