Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Looking to sell my timeshare (by Lance C.):

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but your timeshare's resale value is very close to zero. Westgate has a very negative reputation in most timeshare circles. Also, the Orlando area is saturated with timeshares that can't even be given away right now.

The first rule to remember is to never, ever pay anyone a large, upfront fee to sell, rent out, market, or "cancel" your timeshare as those "deals" are all scams.

Secondly, remember the resale value. Don't nurture any fantasies about getting thousands of dollars for something like this as that will only lead to frustration and making yourself an easy target for scam artists.

If you're serious about getting rid of it just to shed the annual maintenance fees, then try listing it here in RedWeek's Bargain Basement section. Also try other recommended websites such as E-Bay, Craigslist, My Resort Network, or Timeshare Users Group (aka "TUG"). TUG has a Bargain Deals section where, for free, you can advertise that you want to give away your timeshare. Just follow the directions at the top of that page.

Remember too, in order to get rid of timeshares (especially in the Orlando area) many owners are offering to pay closing costs as well as the following year's maintenance fees so be realistic in your expectations.