Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: International Events Management (by Daniel L.):

They did ask for a copy of the purchase agreement (which we sent them) but they did not ask for a copy of the maintenance fees. I should mention that IEM is also not listed in the state of California to perform real estate transactions, which you apparently have to be as their office is in San Francisco (even though the timeshare is in Mexico). I asked for this, and they said that they had an "international license". On request, they did send me a document that was in Spanish; I have no way to assess whether it is legitimate or not. It would be an unbelievable deal to unload the timeshare (and actually get more than we paid for it!), but it just seems too good to be true- who ever heard of a significant transaction performed at a distance that didn't even need to be notarized? We are still sorely tempted against our better judgement, though, because I am not sure how we might be defrauded, as we certainly have no intention of paying any upfront fees (and they explicitly changed the contract to reflect this). Moreover they stated that the money would be wired, so I guess we would know sooner rather than later if the transaction was legitimate.