Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Is Getting Rid of Timeshares a Problem? (by NoOneYouKnow):

I just want to add that my wife and I have been trying to get rid of 6 timeshare weeks since 2008. In 2011, we bought a house in the area where we timeshared to for 20 years, so we no longer need our timeshares at all.

I have been doing whatever I can do to help recoup some of our fees, and I feel I should not have to be doing that, wasting my time on something we should no longer have any involvement in whatsoever.

From that time forward I have offered our weeks for free and they have been on the Internet, including internet forums.

I have lobbied, without success, to the point where I have been annoying to the timeshare lovers on a forum, one where I have known and been fairly close to the owner and administrator for 16 years.

Then, just this morning, a user of that forum emailed me to let me know that the owner of another timeshare forum posted that the resort which I have chronicle as being unprofessional and abusive to me and has absolutely refused to discuss the possibility of taking back our weeks, took back the week of an owner because they were of the age where they could not travel any more.

He posted that the resort required the owner to pay two years maintenance fee, but wouldn't that make more sense than having a scammy PCC involved? I think one year would be fair to both sides, but that's the point. The point is to get the industry to address the problem other than by ugliness and threats of legal retaliation.

So, including this forum, there's three forums involved in that, with no concerted effort.

Imagine.