Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Better Business Lodging (by KC):

ramonap24 wrote:
I just recently received a call from BBL. I'm a Widow and can no longer afford my Time Share. Of course they asked me for 685 dollars up front and would tack on the back another 600 when the TS is sold for 28,000. Very pleasant people. One day I will get out of this night mare of a TS. Oh and it is in Orlando at one of the big resorts, prime location according to them.

This is a scam, plain and simple. They would just take your "upfront" money and you will never hear from them again. This well worn "model" is designed only to collect upfront money from people desperate to part company with unwanted timeshare obligations.

By the way, there may not be ten timeshares in the Orlando resale market collectively added all TOGETHER worth $28,000. Those parasites just threw out that ridiculous figure in order to put dollar signs in your eyes and lure you into their thieving scheme. Don't do it --- you would just be throwing good money away and you would STILL remain the owner of record for the timeshare. Those lying weasels are NEVER going to sell your timeshare for you.

Such operations are (marginally) "legal" simply because they can always (truthfully) say "we are just a listing service and yes, we charge a fee to "list" timeshares. All they really have to do to operate within the bounds of legality is to have a lame, obscure web site (that few will ever view) and "list" timeshares there (at ridiculous prices that no one would ever pay), thereby fulfilling the "listing" obligation of their alleged "service". There work is then done ---and thanks for the money!

These types of operations have been around for many years --- and there are always plenty of them around. The names change, but the game remains the same. Don't play the game.

Have you formally asked your resort HOA if they would accept a "deedback"? Some will, most won't --- but you won't know unless you ask. Send a written inquiry to the HOA President. Don't bother having phone conversations with resort desk clerks who have no authority to decide on (or even discuss) "deedbacks". You won't receive any money if the HOA will accept a "deedback", but you will at least LAWFULLY part company with the ownership and be released from any and all future obligations. Worth at least asking, no?