Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: I cannot afford to pay for my timeshare mortgage (by KC):

If there is a mortgage on this timeshare, it is possible (likely, actually) that the loan is not actually from the resort itself, but from a third party lender. If that is the case, then the resort HOA will not and cannot even consider accepting a "deedback" until and unless that outstanding loan is satisfied, since the ownership title is not really in the hands of the poster, but in the hands of the lender until such time as the outstanding loan is satisfied. Frankly, many (maybe most) resorts won't accept "deedbacks" even when the ownership is fully paid off and all maintenance fees are current. Practices on "deedbacks" vary widely and I do not claim to know this particular facility or its' policies, but it doesn't really matter --- the existence of a unpaid loan / mortgage essentially rules out any "deeback" option. That unpaid loan stands in the way of a "deedback".

It's a difficult situation and I empathize with the poster's plight. Defaulting on this (or any other) loan may very well result in negative credit report consequences, but there is simply no "simple fix" or "easy exit" here. To stop the financial bleeding completely, immediately and permanently, poster might just have to decide to bite the bullet, pay not one penny more, and willingly accept the inevitable consequences of default and foreclosure. Everyone has to eat and support themselves and their family and keep a roof over their heads --- a timeshare is essentially an unnecessary luxury of low priority that can always be done without. I wish the poster good luck and better health.