Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Renting your timeshare.....people often change their minds once you've made the reservation. (by William P.):

I use a graduating scale to -0-. Most generally you can size a person up(not always) by correspondence or talking to them on the phone. I prefer the full amount up front, but have in a few instances demanded 1/2 down with no return after 30 days. I don't place the unit in their name either way until I have received all monies or check or what ever clears and the cash is in my account.

Most generally someone who would give you 1/2 down knowing full well there won't be any monies returned will follow thru. If they do pay in full I make sure that they understand that after a certain time there will be -0- monies returned after a certain amount of time, usually 30 days. At 30 days it's hard to rent, but I have their money, and I can convert to points.

Lance is right, Don't fall for the people who rent it for you. I have seen one thread where a company will rent it for you but what happens if they don't? You are out your money, can't convert, and can't use it ! It does take perseverance, and time, but if you have a high demand TS it works out most of the time.