Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Want to sell timeshare in Las Vegas (by Lance C.):

terryp177 wrote:
I have a time share...Can anyone tell me what it is worth and the best way to sell it?

From what you have described, it sounds like it is worth about zero dollars (or less). I hate to break the bad news to you but that's the sad reality of the timeshare secondary market. If you want to get rid of it so as to relieve yourself of the maintenance fees, then you will have to just give it away to a willing taker.

If it is a Diamond, you might want to check out Diamond's program for taking back units. Your mortgage has to be paid up also. Diamond will probably charge you about $250 to do this. If Diamond says No, then you will probably have to advertise here on RedWeek or other reputable timeshare resale websites that you want to give it away. If you are dead serious about it, offer to pay the closing costs and maybe even the next maintenance fee.

But whatever you do, do not pay anyone a large, upfront fee to sell, rent out, market, or "cancel" your timeshare. That is almost always a scam! Especially watch out for companies that claim they will get you top dollar for your unit.