Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Timeshare Points vs. Weeks (by R P.):

christines176 wrote:
I want to purchase a time share and after reading so many comments and suggestions from people, which I truly thank, I know to buy resale. I understand that owning a week vs points has different pluses and negatives, but what I have a question on is the RCI and II. I attended a time share meeting with global exchange in san dimas. They said I get 10,000.00 point (which seemed so little) and with those points I could stay anywhere for 1 week for an additional 199.99. The bonus is that I get 3 more 1 week vacations for 499.99 each and I could get extra rooms for my friends and family for the same time at the same price. I also get the option to stay at a resort for a one night free of 70.00. They were affiliated with RCI so I am assuming that this is offered through RCI? My representative didn't say much except that reservations are real time!! now!! and that there is never a black out period. Does anyone know what he is talking about with all this extra stuff?

RCI is a timeshare exchange company, period, they do not make offers of ownership. Also, it's not a given that anyone will get the exchange they desire .... it's all about supply and demand.

If I were you I would research timeshare ownership backwards and forwards and inside and out before even thinking of buying.