Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Tips on Renting Out Timeshare (by Omolara D.):

Jayjay If you have never rented out any of your weeks, what are you doing surfing this website. You claim you do not work for any of the exchange companies or do you own redweek.

jayjay wrote:
Jennie has done the right thing by buying where she likes to go and renting out years she doesn't want to return. Yes, she could deposit the weeks in an exchange company, but as Jennie said there's slim pickins these days in really good trades. If you're looking for a very popular resort/destination/time you have to begin the process of searching a year (or two) in advance.

When we bought timeshares we bought where we liked to go and we received some very good trades with the exchange companies, but it's a different story these days from what I've been reading lately.

Timesharing and exchanging has changed dramatically in the last several years with the introduction of points and exchanging timeshares for cruises and other types of exchanges entering the timesharing picture. We bought before points entered that picture. It was strictly a week for week exchange then.

Even though we never rented out any of our weeks, I applaud Jennie for buying where she likes to go and where she has no trouble renting on years they decide not to return.

There is no way I would buy a timeshare just to rent with all the hassles and time it would involve and with the uncertainty if you could even rent it at all. It's just not worth it in my opinion.