Jul 10, 2008

changw4 kellyl139 patricias379 We all need to go to WWW.BBB and file complaints with this company and also flood Grupo Mayan customer service customerservice@grupomayan.com. There is strength in numbers so if we all do our part maybe we can get somewhere. Their phone number is 1 800 292 9446. I also intend to write to the tourism department in Mexico. This is their main income they might like to know that the word is spreading. I also read that grupo mayan recieved an award as a good employer. Their sales staff does a good job alright. I personally wrote to the salesman that sold me my unit who said don't worry your other timeshare will sell. I told I hope that he can sleep at night. My advice - get busy and make some noise.

Patricia S.
Jul 11, 2008

Anyone that's had a problem concerning a timeshare in Mexico needs to voice their compaints to Profeco. They are the agency in Mexico that deals with such complaints and they have helped many people get their money back, however there has to be solid proof concerning the complaint. For example, many people have been forced to sign a waiver concerning their rescission rights being cancelled. This is blatantly against the law.

R P.
Jul 11, 2008

Profeco - (Procuraduría Federal del Consumidor) How to File a Complaint from Outside Mexico for goods and services acquired in Mexico that you are not satisfied with.

Attention to Foreign Residents

Profeco is part of the administrative branch of the federal government of Mexico. Seeks to strengthen the citizen's power and enforces the law to achieve equity on consumption relations.

The Department of Conciliation Services to Foreign Residents (Departamento de Conciliacion a Residentes en el Extranjero C.A.R.E.) provides assistance towards solving controversies arisen between foreign or Mexican citizens living abroad that acquire any product or service from a legally established Mexican supplier and are not satisfied with it.

C.A.R.E. assists the parties within free of charge mediation/conciliation procedures, based upon the terms of the contract that consumer supplies.

To start the conciliation/mediation procedure C.A.R.E. must analyze the documentation submitted by the consumer related to the following information: 1. Complaint letter stating the following: • Consumer: name, mailing address, telephone number and e-mail. • Supplier: name and address as stated on the receipt or contract. • Brief description of the complaint, including the date of purchase, cost of the goods or service, and claimed amounts.

2. Completed complaint form

3. Copy of ID (Passport or Driver's License)

4. Copy of contract, invoice payment, bills, credit slips or receipts, as evidence of payment.

5. Copy of additional documents available to support the complaint.

The above information must be e-mailed to: extranjeros@profeco.gob.mx

Or sent by regular mail to: Procuraduría Federal del Consumidor, Dirección General de Quejas y Conciliación, Av. Jose Vasconcélos no. 208, 6º. Piso, Col. Condesa. Del. Cuauhtémoc, C.P. 06140, México, D.F.

It is important to stress that all personal and confidential information colleted by Profeco, C.A.R.E., will be considered as non disclosed and protected by our federal laws.

For further information, do not hesitate to contact us at: (+52) 55 5211-1723 or (+52) 55 5625-6633, or write to: extranjeros@profeco.gob.mx

http://www.profeco.gob.mx/

R P.
Jul 11, 2008

The Royal Marketing group is in Florida. They are the people that the Mayan Palace said to call to sell our other timeshare. They took our money and have done nothing. I blame The Mayn Palace for lying and telling us not to wory just call them and your florida timeshare will sell. I don't think that is against the law so they may not be able to help. What does this waver look like that people have been forced to sign and how do they force you to sign it? Thanks for the sound advise.

Patricia S.
Jul 11, 2008

I discussed the situation with a neighbor involved in a timeshare company and he tells me these contracts are written in such a way that it is nearly impossible to get out of them. What they tell you during their presentation isn't what is written in the contract. How do you prove that?

Patricia S.
Jul 12, 2008

patricias379 wrote:
What does this waver look like that people have been forced to sign and how do they force you to sign it? Thanks for the sound advise.

From what I gather it's a form you sign to waive your rescission rights. They don't actually force you to sign it, but they tell you that if you sign it you will have no rescission time period and that the deal they're offering you is for that day only. Most people don't realize that a rescission time period is the law with all timeshare developer sales.

R P.
Jul 12, 2008

patricias379 wrote:
I discussed the situation with a neighbor involved in a timeshare company and he tells me these contracts are written in such a way that it is nearly impossible to get out of them. What they tell you during their presentation isn't what is written in the contract. How do you prove that?

Actually, unless there is a blatant lie (ie: waiving rescission rights) in the contract, there's really no way to prove what the timeshare salesperson told you verbally. There's an old saying in the world of timeshare that, "if a developer timeshare salesperson moves their lips then they're lying". Not all timeshare salespeople stretch the truth, but most of them do whether in the USA or elsewhere.

R P.
Jul 12, 2008

patricias379 states: >> I discussed the situation with a neighbor involved in a timeshare company and he tells me these contracts are written in such a way that it is nearly impossible to get out of them. <<

Your neighbor is dead wrong. Any and every such contract has a rescission period, specifically provided by law, during which any buyer can change their mind, without offering any reason or explanation, simply cancelling the contract outright. Once that rescission period expires, however (just like any other contract...) it becomes a binding legal document, voluntarily executed and signed. Why people ever sign contracts they haven't even read just mystifies me. Why they then also wait a week (...or until after the rescission period is actually over) to even bother to read a binding legal instrument and discover (by then, too late) that they have voluntarily signed something which is "not what they thought it was" mystifies me further still. I'll just never understand it. ================================================

Re: >> What they tell you during their presentation isn't what is written in the contract. How do you prove that?<<

There is nothing to "prove", since any and all verbal statements made during the presentation mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in the eyes of the law. ONLY the actual written contract contents matter --- period. This is why people should read and understand every word of a contract before signing ANYTHING. Relying upon the verbal claims of a lying weasel salesman without making sure that any and all such claims are also reflected IN WRITING within the contract is just sheer folly.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jul 12, 2008 10:35 AM

Jul 12, 2008

ken1193 wrote:
patricias379 states: >> I discussed the situation with a neighbor involved in a timeshare company and he tells me these contracts are written in such a way that it is nearly impossible to get out of them. <<

Your neighbor is dead wrong. Any and every such contract has a rescission period, specifically provided by law, during which any buyer can change their mind, without offering any reason or explanation, simply cancelling the contract outright. Once that rescission period expires, however (just like any other contract...) it becomes a binding legal document, voluntarily executed and signed. Why people ever sign contracts they haven't even read just mystifies me. Why they then also wait a week (...or until after the rescission period is actually over) to even bother to read a binding legal instrument and discover (by then, too late) that they have voluntarily signed something which is "not what they thought it was" mystifies me further still. I'll just never understand it. ================================================

Re: >> What they tell you during their presentation isn't what is written in the contract. How do you prove that?<<

There is nothing to "prove", since any and all verbal statements made during the presentation mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in the eyes of the law. ONLY the actual written contract contents matter --- period. This is why people should read and understand every word of a contract before signing ANYTHING. Relying upon the verbal claims of a lying weasel salesman without making sure that any and all such claims are also reflected IN WRITING within the contract is just sheer folly.

====== Yes: It is the contract that counts. This is for the very good reason that we all tend to have "selective memory". People remember what pleases them and forget or fail to fully understand what does not. At one time I was in insurance sales and vividly recall meeting one lady who was positive she had a Medicare Supplement which she proudly showed to me. Across the top in large RED print was the statement that this was an Accident policy, NOT a Medicare Supplement. For good measure, the salesperson (not my company) had heavily circled this statement for added emphasis. I suspect she could not qualify for his regular Medicare Supplement for health reasons or could not afford it, so the Accident policy was the best he was able to do for her. Had she tried to use it toward the expenses of illness, she would have been very disappointed. On the other hand, if she was in an accident, it would have been just what the doctor ordered! MD

Mary D.
Jul 13, 2008

My experience with listing with any of the multiple marketing companies out there is this: If they charge an upfront fee then you're setting yourself up to be ripped off. I know, I paid "listing fees" to two companies in the past. The first one had my listing for three years and did nothing. It took me two years of hounding them monthly to get a refund. The second company told me that they were different and I could expect some real action. Hah! I got ripped off again! You want to trust the people you talk to, but don't. I think the best shot a person has is to list with Redweek or with the resort they own with to rent their unit out. I've done that and had decent experience. I've also rented my unit out myself and had no trouble except with the resort treating my guests poorly. You just can't win! Your best deal is to trade or bank your time. I've learned that once you own a resort unit and that includes even the The Shearwater, you own it for LIFE! That can be good or bad depending on how you feel about the resorts increasing their maintenance fees almost every year to the point that it almost equals the cost of renting from someone else, which might not be a bad idea. At least you saved your downpayment and the rest of your principle and with a little smart investing you could have the principle and eat it too! Good luck

Donald C.
Jul 16, 2008

I never dreamed that a Timeshare Rental company listed on the Mayan Resorts list would not fulfill their side of the Contract, but that is what appears to have happened... I have been scammed.

The Royal Marketing Group, of Lighthouse Point, Florida, is on the list that the Mayan Resorts gave me upon purchasing a time share in Puerta Vallarta. They seemed to offer the best rates and were happy to accept my payment but then were hard to reach, kept me on hold for at least 15 minutes every time I called, never returned calls, never had a manager on duty, don't have email, don't have an answering machine, do return calls but don't do it, etc. I've heard every answer in the book, but mostly "the traffic is picking up and your listing should be rented within 2 weeks". I contacted the BBB after the fact (my fault). The BBB gave up contacting them after 2 failed attempts and told me that the Royal Marketing Group has an F rating.

I want the world to know that Royal Marketing Group is a scam, a ripoff, sleazy, non-responsive and a waste of money.

Google, do your stuff.

John M.
Jul 17, 2008

You folks that have signed up with Royal Marketing Group need to send a letter of complaint via USPS certified mail with return receipt to the Royal resorts corporate office in Mexico AND you should also voice your complaint to PROFECO.

R P.
Jul 17, 2008

adahiscout wrote:
ken1193 wrote:

====== Yes: It is the contract that counts. This is for the very good reason that we all tend to have "selective memory". People remember what pleases them and forget or fail to fully understand what does not. At one time I was in insurance sales and vividly recall meeting one lady who was positive she had a Medicare Supplement which she proudly showed to me. Across the top in large RED print was the statement that this was an Accident policy, NOT a Medicare Supplement. For good measure, the salesperson (not my company) had heavily circled this statement for added emphasis. I suspect she could not qualify for his regular Medicare Supplement for health reasons or could not afford it, so the Accident policy was the best he was able to do for her. Had she tried to use it toward the expenses of illness, she would have been very disappointed. On the other hand, if she was in an accident, it would have been just what the doctor ordered! MD

I think people remember what displeases them most. I clearly rember all the bad things that happened on vacation for ex: room broken into, forgot to book us on a trip so we had to wait 2 hrs..... I had some fun but if I were to rate it I would say it was the worste vacation I took because I rember the bad things about it more clearly.

Patricia S.
Jul 23, 2008

lingj wrote:
lesc11 wrote:
Ken, This company was on a list that Mayan resorts gives to buyers so they can market(rent) it out to receive monies back to help with the purchase of their properties. They recommended this paticular company although they say they don't "recommend" purchasing vacation ownership for rental. Having already experienced the upfront fee and the "we got your money, see ya, marketing ploy," have not invested any money with them.

My main objective here is for anyone that has had an experience with them good or bad to reveal their experience. If they provide great performance as a company and marketed or rented your property as agreed, let us know. If not, let us know that also.

I want to make it clear though, that my family and I have enjoyed many wonderful vacations at the Mayan resorts and will continue to do so in the future. They are awsome properties!!

Les

Thanks for the information you provided. I just bought timeshare from Mayan Group. It seems that company encourages timeshare buyers to rent out their weeks through the rental companies provided by the Mayan Group. I haven't made calls to Royal Marketing Group or other two rental companies yet.

Stay away! I suspect this is a company that also goes under the name of Resorts International Marketing in Pompano Beach. If so, they are crooks-they will do nothing after you have paid them. Look at the ripoff report.com and search Resorts International Marketing- you'll see! I found RIM through Grupo Mayan in 2005. They took 399.00 and did absolutely NOTHING. I want to see them exposed on national TV! Shame on GM!

Lisa C.
Jul 23, 2008

patricias379

changw4 wrote:
kellyl139 patricias379 We all need to go to WWW.BBB and file complaints with this company and also flood Grupo Mayan customer service customerservice@grupomayan.com. There is strength in numbers so if we all do our part maybe we can get somewhere. Their phone number is 1 800 292 9446. I also intend to write to the tourism department in Mexico. This is their main income they might like to know that the word is spreading. I also read that grupo mayan recieved an award as a good employer. Their sales staff does a good job alright. I personally wrote to the salesman that sold me my unit who said don't worry your other timeshare will sell. I told I hope that he can sleep at night. My advice - get busy and make some noise.

There's more! I'm working on detecting whether this gaggle of crooks is also known as Resorts International Marketing in Pompano Beach, FL. They took me for 399.00 in 2005 and I haven't heard from them since, after sending letters, e-mails, phone calls. I'm hot on their trail! I have contacted the Attorney General in FL. I want them exposed for what they are-guttersnipes! If I'm wrong-please alert me-but I strongly doubt it.

Check out the ripoffreport.com website and search Resorts International Marketing. Everything you read will sound oh so familiar. When you call the phone numbers for these two scams, the same man speaks the same menu at each phone number. Check it out: RIM is 800.441.0453, and RMG is 866.941.1044. The "president" of RIM is Phaedra Almstead, and the president of Royal is Regina Almstead. Other names to remember: John Shepard, CEO. and Diana Peterson. I agree that we should all band together and make them pay for stealing money from unsuspecting, hardworking people.

We live in a climate of greed and deception-it is running rampant in our country, all the way up to the top. Hang onto your wallets, contemplate large expenditures and do the research-then act.

Lisa C.
Jul 23, 2008

lesc11 wrote:
Does anyone have any experience with this company? Their web site they told me is RoyalVacationsClub.com. Their website looks rather simplistic to me. I checked the BBB which indicated the had 7 compliants against them.

Les

Lisa 386 I've checked this website-it has the same design elements that another fraud-Resorts International Marketing. And that's not the only thing that is so very similar- when you call their phone numbers the same man speaks the same menu. I am on to them, after being ripped off for 399.00 in 2005 when I bought from Grupo Mayan. I want these crooks exposed. I've contacted the attorney general in FL, because they are doing business there.

Lisa C.
Jul 23, 2008

changw4 wrote:
same here . I just bought timeshare of vacation ownership from Mayab group one month ago. Called a few times to royal marketing group in the past two weeks, I feet quite disappointed. My calls were cut down a few times. Finally I got to talk with some salesperson, he/she got my phone # but never I have received any call back to talk on the details of my rental.

If anyone has same experience, bad or good, please share with me before i pay the $299 for nothing. Thks TFL

lisa386 Stay away-they are crooks. Read what I have told others about my experience with Resorts International Marketing (the same company with a different name). I am on their trail, and hate them for what they are doing (they take your money and do not deliver) to hardworking people like us. I was taken for 399.00 in 2005. I also found them through Grupo Mayan. i hope you haven't given them money yet!

Lisa C.
Jul 24, 2008

patricias379 wrote:
adahiscout wrote:
ken1193 wrote:

I think people remember what displeases them most. I clearly rember all the bad things that happened on vacation for ex: room broken into, forgot to book us on a trip so we had to wait 2 hrs..... I had some fun but if I were to rate it I would say it was the worste vacation I took because I rember the bad things about it more clearly.
============ You remember what you want in expectation and what you regret in hind-sight. MD

Mary D.
Jul 24, 2008

I, as well, paid my $299 to rent some of my Mayan Palace weeks and, after early encouraging conversations, encountered total silence. My calls and faxes have not been returned. I've concluded that, to the extent they did sell any weeks, they have now died.

But, have any of you had any experience with Destinations International, another on the Mayan Palace list, which claims to rent weeks?

Wayne V.
Jul 24, 2008

lisac386

patricias379 wrote:
changw4 wrote:
kellyl139 patricias379 We all need to go to WWW.BBB and file complaints with this company and also flood Grupo Mayan customer service customerservice@grupomayan.com. There is strength in numbers so if we all do our part maybe we can get somewhere. Their phone number is 1 800 292 9446. I also intend to write to the tourism department in Mexico. This is their main income they might like to know that the word is spreading. I also read that grupo mayan recieved an award as a good employer. Their sales staff does a good job alright. I personally wrote to the salesman that sold me my unit who said don't worry your other timeshare will sell. I told I hope that he can sleep at night. My advice - get busy and make some noise.

There's more! I'm working on detecting whether this gaggle of crooks is also known as Resorts International Marketing in Pompano Beach, FL. They took me for 399.00 in 2005 and I haven't heard from them since, after sending letters, e-mails, phone calls. I'm hot on their trail! I have contacted the Attorney General in FL. I want them exposed for what they are-guttersnipes! If I'm wrong-please alert me-but I strongly doubt it.

Check out the ripoffreport.com website and search Resorts International Marketing. Everything you read will sound oh so familiar. When you call the phone numbers for these two scams, the same man speaks the same menu at each phone number. Check it out: RIM is 800.441.0453, and RMG is 866.941.1044. The "president" of RIM is Phaedra Almstead, and the president of Royal is Regina Almstead. Other names to remember: John Shepard, CEO. and Diana Peterson. I agree that we should all band together and make them pay for stealing money from unsuspecting, hardworking people.

We live in a climate of greed and deception-it is running rampant in our country, all the way up to the top. Hang onto your wallets, contemplate large expenditures and do the research-then act.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK and thanks for keeping us informed of your progress. I filled out a BBB complaint. If they need more info I'm in. I would bet the Grupo Mayan is getting kick backs.

Patricia S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.