Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Anyone have experience with Castle Law Group, PC out of Tennessee

Aug 01, 2018

can you email me at jrendon2464@yahoo.com

Jorge R.
Aug 03, 2018

i am guessing that i will not get a response back, as apparently Castle Law Group, PC is no longer in operation. it has been way over a year since we contracted this so called law firm out to cancel our timeshare with wyndham. to make a VERY long story short, we received an EMAIL today stating they would no longer be representing us. i want to know what i need to do, where is my file and why have i not been refunded my $3500 THAT i paid to castle law firm. i have contacted the attorney generals office and i will be calling them monday morning. i am disgusted, i am furious and they have messed with the wrong person. i will see this to the end. judson phillips needs to be disbarred!!!!!

jeffj321 wrote:
I'm one of the Senior Consultants for Castle Law Group, PC located in the Mount Juliet office in Mount Juliet, TN. I wanted to take this opportunity to address the comments included within the prior post as well as provide some clarity to the supposed client concerning the Firm's cancellation process.

When someone contacts our Firm requesting legal assistance to be relieved of their timeshare contract, this prospective client would then have a free consultation with a Senior Consultant to be taken through a series of qualifying questions determining whether their case could be successfully resolved. Should the Senior Consultant deem a case meeting the Firm's qualifying criteria, that Consultant would then educate the prospective client on CLG's process of a legal timeshare cancellation, the benefits of the Firm's representation, the anticipated time frame for resolution, and provide a quote regarding legal fees for services. Currently, based upon a number of different timeshare Developers that our attorneys are dealing with in representing clients, the average time frame for resolution is 6 months or less.

It seems that this mentioned time frame was either misunderstood by; or, not properly conveyed to the supposed client whom supplied the prior post. Had the expectations been clear on this matter, I'm sure there would have been no complaints referenced from this individual merely 30 days following retaining legal services (nor, would there had been mentioning of the lack of communication during the holiday months of November and December). Personally, I did not have the pleasure of speaking with this person. However, I can only apologize for a colleague's possible neglect in providing information effectively; and, offer some assistance moving forward. Feel free to contact me direct. Thank you.

Jeff Johnson Castle Law Group, PC

Tomi R.
Aug 03, 2018

I realize this chat is old, but i am very desperate. I contracted Castle Law Firm out of Tenn way over a year ago, to cancel my timeshare with Wyndham and now they are apparently not in operation. i dont know what to do. i am out $3500 now and i have no clue as to what to do. i dont understand how this ovation program works. i still owe them money of course. all i want is to get out. we cannot afford to own a timeshare. i dont know why i ever got involved with wyndham, but i did and it is what it is. can you offer me any advice as to what i could do. thanks so much for anything you can dish out my way. i am beyond distraught over this. i really thought that this law firm could come through, but Castle Law Group, PC is nothing but a SCAM and i got scammed apparently..

Tomi R.

Last edited by tomir on Aug 03, 2018 05:09 PM

Aug 03, 2018

Yes, and NOT at all a good experience. I contracted them for my wyndham timeshare cancellation and its been way over a year and my husband just received an email that they are sorry, but are no longer in operation. i call bullshit on their whole firm. Took my money and ran with it. The funny thing is a few months ago, they sent out an email stating that it would be 3-6 more months before they got all the cancellations done, as they had an agreement with like over 300 plus wyndham owners to do so. After that, they would no longer be able to represent anyone that had a wyndham cancellation. I am furious to say the least.

Tomi R.
Aug 15, 2018

I read this entire thread and I am sad to say we also are victims of this scam and all of the comments here are all too familiar. We contracted with them in Dec of 2016 and we always got the run around and then the final notice this past week that we had been dropped as clients with no explanation of what they did with our money and no promise of its return. Probably nicely tucked away for Judson in an offshore bank account somewhere. Anyways I don't look to get any of it back. I do have a couple of questions though. Is it even worth it to file a complaint with the attorney general and the board of professional responsibility since Judson Phillips law license has already been suspended? Also how long does it take for a timeshare company to foreclose? I keep getting statements but no threat of legal action or anyone demanding payments.

Peggy M.
Aug 18, 2018

I complained to everyone I could think of. Ethics, Better Business Bureau, TN Commerce. I received $1K of my money back out of $4500. Then I received a letter that stated thats all I will get due to their going out of business. I think it’s worth filing a complaint. Castle Law Firm is worse than the timeshares we are all trying to get rid of. They preyed on our desperation & are completely unethical & despicable.

Valarie H.
Aug 18, 2018

I was told they are being sued by Holiday Inn and others. The money back is through a company that is a front for them. I was contacted by Holiday Inn that they were not serving my case with them. I CALLED THE OFFFICE AND GOT NO ANSWERS . Finally i sent a text message and told not to contact them any further. I am trying to make contact with Holiday Inn resorts to try and keep from going into further default. No one returns my calls from castle Law. They are leaving me in very severe legal troubles. If you want to talk to me or email me leave a message on this board. BGJr

valm41 wrote:
We are trying to divest ourselves of our timeshare and called a group whose advertising we saw while in Branson, MO. They advertised as Timeshare Advocacy. We contacted them and they are Castle Law Group PC based in Tennessee. They ask if you have been lied to by anybody when you were sold the timeshare or subsequently and told us the steps needed to legally get out of this contract for good. Of course, their fee is $3,000 and we've been burned paying an upfront fee before. But, I am tempted as they are now offering a money back guarantee if they don't get you out of your contract. Id love to know if anyone has had success with them.

Baltazar G.
Aug 19, 2018

You will lose your money. They are scammers & according to the letter they sent to me are shutting down operation. If they are still trying to recruit customers-that gives even further evidence that they are highly unethical. They don’t deliver & you will lose your money.

Valarie H.
Aug 19, 2018

If anyone wants to email me with any options I may have or where to file my complaints with please email me at gutierrez_baltazar@yahoo.com I am so ticked off or if anyone is setting up a class action suit please let me know. The up front company is called RESORT RELIEF. they are the ones that first interview you. I looked at their website and they are hooking people to go to another firm for a mere thousand dollars more. The castle law sight looks like it is still offering services to resolve your time share issues.

I am still paying the darn $4500 to a loan company.. I told them I was stopping my payments and they said I was in a binding contract for services they already fiully paid for me and I am bound to repay them by contract.

Let me know if anyone is filing or where to complain. Thanks Baltazar

Baltazar G.
Aug 20, 2018

Judson Phillips should be rotting in a jail cell. Look at all the lives he has ruined. When I called the FBI on behalf of a senior in our area, I was told to call someone else because the senior lives in SC. I am calling out the entire state of Tennessee for letting this predator continue to devour lives.

Trina C.
Aug 20, 2018

baltazarg wrote:
If anyone wants to email me with any options I may have or where to file my complaints with please email me at gutierrez_baltazar@yahoo.com I am so ticked off or if anyone is setting up a class action suit please let me know. The up front company is called RESORT RELIEF. they are the ones that first interview you. I looked at their website and they are hooking people to go to another firm for a mere thousand dollars more. The castle law sight looks like it is still offering services to resolve your time share issues.

I am still paying the darn $4500 to a loan company.. I told them I was stopping my payments and they said I was in a binding contract for services they already fiully paid for me and I am bound to repay them by contract.

Let me know if anyone is filing or where to complain. Thanks Baltazar

Resort Relief is a third party affiliate that sent business to Castle Law Group. They are owned by separate people.

What Castle Law site are you referring to? All the ones I knew about when I worked there have been shut down.

Laura B.
Aug 20, 2018

Yes. Answer this senior consultant for CLG JEFF JOHNSON....why are y’all crooks and take people’s money and promise them an end to their contracts with timeshares, particularly Wyndham?? Why do you lie and mislead people to think that you can get them out of their timeshares?? How can you even look people in the eye everyday and even worse, how do you look at own selves in the mirror every morning when you knowingly take people’s hard earned money and promise them you’ll get them out of their timeshare nightmares? After over a YEAR, Castle Law Group decides that they have been frauded by “someone” (I say that loosely) within their company and now their doors are shut and no longer operating. Hmmm. Makes you wonder for sure. Please explain to me how this happened. I need some clarity provided to me and about 300+ wyndham owners also trying to cancel their timeshare. I paid $3500 and got nothing in return and if these 300+ owners paid that or even more, well let’s do some math. That’s over a million dollars people that CLG swindled From us!!! Wow. Just wow. I am freakin disgusted.

Tomi R.
Sep 03, 2018

I would love to hear your suggestions on how to get out of my timeshare. Can you email me at tar1963@me.com

Tomi R.
Sep 03, 2018

Try calling the resort and convince them that it is in their best interest to take it back State your case that you can no longer afford the maintenance fees and you want to negotiate an exit . I got rid of two timeshares in 2011 that way . I made many calls until I got someone that would listen to me . It paid off big for me . I was determined to get rid of them .

Don P.
Sep 04, 2018

To all who are / were clients of Castle Law Group in TN,

Supreme Court of Tennessee entered on August 24, 2018 for the order to disbar Jedson Wheeler Phillips for the matter involving the ethical conduct. However, the court did not request restituition of complaints/clients injured by Mr. Phillip's unethical conduct, so you will need to file a claim for restitution with the Tennessee Lawyers Fund for Client Protection. The claim form may be found at https://tlfcp.tn.gov/. You may also file a claim with the Consumer Protection Division of the Tennessee Attorney General's office at https://www.tn.gove/content/attorneygeneral.html.

Good luck all of you who were injured by this crook! I wish all your best.

Mikae Y.
Sep 04, 2018

Good information . There are funds available for victims in many cases . Hopefully it applies to the victims of this scammer .

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Sep 04, 2018 12:36 PM

Sep 05, 2018

Did you pay with your credit card, like AMEX or Visa? If you used your credit card to pay the retainer fee, you may have a good chance to get a credit back. As you may have already know, Judson Phillipe was disbarred on August 24, 2018. This shows a good argument of getting a fee back from credit company. You can also file a request of restitution with 2 different agencies. Please read my thread in the below, dated September 4. Good luck.

Mikae Y.
Sep 07, 2018

I paid with my AmEx card, so I am going to call them tomorrow. Thanks for that input. I am just sick over this mess with Castle Law Group. I have filed complaints with the DOJ in both TN and the state I live in. I also filed a complaint with the Board of Professional Responsibility in TN as well. I understand it will do no good to file with the BBB. I have an attorney that will hear my case and looking into another local firm. All I want is to give this freakin nightmare back to Wyndham. I have already paid them well over $300,000 over the years and i can’t do it anymore. It has put a financial strap on my family and enough is enough. I haven’t even used my timeshare the past 2 years or more. Just lies on top of lies.

Tomi R.
Oct 08, 2018

The message is too late in regards to paying an upfront fee to get one out of a timeshare contract Not only was I misled by Wyndham but Castle is in the same boat I am going in person too The Castle Law Group office and see who will open the door I have never received any paperwork regarding my clearance and obligation responsibility to the timeshare with Wyndham it's going to be a waste of my vacation which was planned for other more pleasurable events I would like to see major suit brought against Castle Law Group I even sent a copy of the contract to the office which was returned to me a month later saying it wasn't at the correct address I paid $3,500 up front and no results from what their promises wear in restoring my credit and releasing my responsibilities from the Wyndham Vacation Ownership known as a timeshare of which I put over $5,000 down for the down payment what prompted me to wake up was the fact that I couldn't even make reservations for my birthday within the three months of getting the contract with Wyndham because it didn't fit in what my contract said so the total amount of money I have put out is nearly $9,000

Brenda K.
Jan 28, 2019

I read the comments from Jeff Johnson. Please assist me by sending a email or letter from Castle Law stating that I am not currently a client.

I will be ever so grateful for your kind efforts to do this. Gerald Covington .

Gerald C.

Last edited by phyl21 on Jan 28, 2019 11:12 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.