Timeshare Companies

raintree vacation club

Jul 31, 2010

YOU DO NOT WANT TO BUY RAINTREE! 1. They are BROKE. They are not an ethical co. 2. SA is illegal and they are fighting many law suits + a class action suit from many owners 3. Other timeshare cos DO NOT charge SA - We own w/ 4 ETHICAL companies and NO SA! 4. I doubt they will be around much longer 5. You can NEVER BOOK to use it anyway! .... Look on complaintsboard.com

You would be crazy to consider doing business with this bunch! Who cares about price? What

Kathleen B.
Aug 01, 2010

Seems there are many who are still not happy with the special assessment, but latest inputs indicate RVC backed off the SA and will approach improvements the resorts in a more modest way.

I also can confirm that RVC properties are not affiliated with Diamond Resorts Intl (DRI) and can be booked directly by DRI owners on their on-line and phone reservation system. Seems this is an endorsement by DRI that RVC is a viable entity or perhaps it indicates DRI may buy RVC's inventory and take over management in the future as they have done with many other distressed properties. If this happens DRI should follow their same formula of getting the properties back in shapre. They will still need to increase the maintenance fees and reserve funds/special assessments to improve the properties. Remember it does take money and/or high ownership to maintain the top quality owners and vacationers demand.

ErmanC

Erman C.
Aug 01, 2010

Again... We own with FOUR other timeshare groups which are EXCELLENT and one other is in CABO. No one else has tried to pull SA. Example: Royal Resorts, has completely redone one property which meant it was closed for 6 months. Weeks were not only honored no SA was requested, much less required. Maint. Fees have only increase a few dollars. It is a well run corporation with values.

Review Raintree on ComplaintsBoard.com

The question was to buy or not buy with Regina/Raintree. Answer NO!

Kathleen B.
Aug 02, 2010

Thanks for the advice. I'll seriously consider it. I'm happy you do own with several other very reputable firms that manage to make major investments and remodelling without raising funds via a reserve fund, a special assessment, or increasing maintenance fees more than a few dollars. This is a rare act in today's timeshare market especially since the dollar today is worth a small percentage of what it was when Cabo was built 20+ years ago.

Thanks and happy vacationing!

Erman C.
Sep 13, 2010

I have owned 2 timeshares, bought in Orlanda and then again in Cancun,,,,bad experience with both. You can vacation much cheaper, in fact as cheap as your yearly maintainance fee by going on your own or renting from the people who have bought the timeshares in the first place. I wouldn't have done it the 2nd time, but my new husband wanted to and he usually is very wise. Promises, promises...don't believe a word the timeshare people say.

Sheridan L.
Sep 13, 2010

Is it true that Raintree withdrew their request for special assessment?? We had not heard that. But today we received a bill for $934.00 Maintainance fee. That is a jump of $114.00 from last year.

Sheridan L.
Sep 13, 2010

They are refusing to allow you to use timeshare unless all is paid. SA and Main fee I am in middle of law suit with them

kab

Kathleen B.
Sep 18, 2010

My husband and I loved (Club Regina)Puerto Villarta & Palm Spings, Cancun was being upgraded but was ok, the water veiw made up for the old furnishing. We have used RCI, San Antonio 2 times, Nashville 3 times, It's not like we haven't used it. No Problems Booking. We have 1 bed any time, or 2 bed (not red weeks.) Linda

Linda H.

Last edited by marty8084 on Sep 18, 2010 07:10 PM

Sep 18, 2010

Thats exactly what happened! It also happened at a Condo I own, But they at least owned up to it. WE paid for the defaulted. RE: special assessment! Linda

Linda H.

Last edited by lindah700 on Sep 18, 2010 10:58 AM

Sep 19, 2010

kathleenb155 wrote:
They are refusing to allow you to use timeshare unless all is paid. SA and Main fee I am in middle of law suit with them kab

The vast majority of resorts will not allow usage of a timeshare if maintenance fees and special assessments aren't paid by the owner.

R P.
Oct 06, 2010

I am interested in starting an action against Raintree as well as a collection agency that has started bothering me. I was willing to just let the thing drop and walk away, but now Raintree has started coming at me for the money. Is there any chance that you can provide me with the name of the attorney that is representing you ? Thank-you.

Eliot D.
Oct 07, 2010

eliot3 wrote:
I am interested in starting an action against Raintree as well as a collection agency that has started bothering me. I was willing to just let the thing drop and walk away, but now Raintree has started coming at me for the money. Is there any chance that you can provide me with the name of the attorney that is representing you ? Thank-you.

I don't believe there is any attorney on the face of the earth that would dispute a signed (by you) legal contract unless fraud was involved (in the written contract, not what was verablly stated in a presentation).

Rising maintenance fees and possible special assessments are part and parcel of timeshare ownership and is the main reason we sold all of our timeshares several years ago.

R P.
Oct 09, 2010

we also bought from an old Whiski Jack ownership. We feel we got suckered big time and now are considering selling our membership as we really haven't used it since joining Rain Tree. Worst decision we have made in a long time.

Barbara B.
Oct 09, 2010

We purchased two seperate holiday weeks, deeded, Whiski Jack two bedroom units a couple of years ago in the resale market at less than 10% of "new" price. Both had Raintree memberships (160,000pts each). No special assesments applicable to Whiski Jack owners.... Sure seems like we are in the minority but we couldn't be happier with our purchase. We have never even seen them as we trade for Raintree locations in Mexico. No problem getting what we want, when we want to go. We do however book 10-11 months in advance. Point being that I believe if you are considering buying a Raintree membership, DON'T ! , buy a deeded Whiski Jack unit with a Raintree membership..... Thought people should know that some of us are really happy with our Raintree membership....

Clive B.
Jan 04, 2011

Attorneys will indeed take it on, what are you willing to pay is the question.

Scott MSN

Last edited by scott781 on Jan 04, 2011 09:41 PM

Jan 04, 2011

Have you gotten anywhere with this? I am stuck with the same problem

Scott MSN
Jan 05, 2011

Look on complaintsboard. com. Ppeople fighting them in different ways. Yes, attorneys will take it on and have filed.

Kathleen B.
Feb 16, 2011

Dear Timeshare Owners,

We invite you to get to know our services at G&G Mexican Timeshare Solutions. We are a Mexican based company that specializes in cancelling contracts purchased under fraudulent premises. We offer free consultations to anybody interested in our services to discuss the details of their case.

We are empathetic to victimized consumers and we work on a contingency basis; which means no upfront fees, and if we don't achieve results, you don't pay us a cent.

We look forward to helping you in your claim.

Customer Service,

info@timesharescam.com

1 888 275-3595

www.timesharescam.com

Customer S.
Mar 05, 2011

There haven't been too many feedback inputs on Club Regina RVC resorts in Mexico (Cabo, Vallarta, and Cancun). Has anyone stayed at the units recently and can they share on the state of remodelling actions that appear on the RVC newletters? I'd like to know if the MFs and SA that have been charged over the recent years are being applied as promised to remodelling the upgrading the units.

Thanks

Erman C.
Mar 26, 2011

Trying to find out the latest on the rip off increase in maintaince fees and also the "Special Assessment"? Has anyone had any luck woth their State's Attorney General?? Thanks. John -fed up and frustrated owner

John J.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.