The Christie Lodge

Impossible to sell or even give away this Gem?

Dec 02, 2008

I'm no different, I received this White week 1 bed unit as an inheritance. I can't and don't use it. What did I really inherit? A costly headache. I can't give it back to Christie Lodge. I can't deed it to anyone I know. I pay the fees each year and get nothing in return.

Jarvis W.

Last edited by marty8084 on Dec 02, 2008 02:29 PM

Dec 02, 2008

I would be very, very careful what I write on this forum, as litigation is a reality. People who bought ski weeks are really pleased, and week 51 and 52 are like gold dust to buy. Unfortunately people bought unpopular weeks, cheaply, and are now regretting it. There will always be folk out there who will take over the time share if you want to give it away. It will always be a really cheap holiday, and a great place to stay, summer or winter.

Kathleen G.
Dec 07, 2008

FYI

The Christie Lodge is deeded to be sold in 8 years and all owners will receive their portion of the sale proceeds. If the board could get enough owners together to back a sale at a sooner date, they would be more than happy to do that.

The property is worth in the neighborhood of $30,000,000 for land value only by some estimates.

Terry

Terry H.
Dec 08, 2008

As you don't use it and didn't want it couldn't you just refuse to pay the fees.

Selling your times share or trying to sell is very different to what you're told when you first buy it. 'It's an investement.' 'We'll buy is back if there comes a time you no longer want it.' etc etc.

Edna B.
Dec 10, 2008

Where did you learn that CL will be sold in 8 year. Based on that I might just hang on to it. Jarvis

Jarvis W.
Dec 15, 2008

From The Christie Lodge owner services. Call them. They can even tell you your percentage of ownership.

Terry

Terry H.
Dec 17, 2008

kathleeng62 wrote:
joet72 wrote:
I've moved out of country and no longer find any value in owning (and paying $392 maintenance fees for) a floating week at the Christie Lodge. I've made numerous attempts to sell the week and even a few to give it away (would this site be any different?) with no luck. Apparently a few folks on Ebay feel the same way (last add I saw was a "Buy Now" for $4. I've even offered to Quit Claim it back to Christie Lodge but was given an emphatic "We're not accepting weeks back at this time". So let me understand this. Company A pressure-sells company B's product to me for $8000 (hindsight: if they have to use pressure, it's not worth it). Now B wants the world to "Experience the comfort of the newly remodeled product," but won't take the $8000 week back for FREE? Oh and by the way, where's company A? Ok, so I'm a little bitter. By the looks of it, at least 35 other owners on this site are as well. Just throwing this out there and searching for options.
You must have a really bum week, as We have owned for more than 15 years, and when we rent, we have people queing up for thwe two weeks we own 51 and 52. The sales are also like gold dust for these weeks. Vail/Beaver Creek ski ing is the best in the world, and the facilities that the Christie lodge have beat many of the areas very expensive resorts. The staff are top rate, and the only reason we have rented this year is because we have bought a condo in the area, as we love Avon/Beaver Creak/Vail so much. It is really lovely in summer too, as the hiking and fishing are second to none. Maybe it is your attitude that people are put off by. Chill out, and enjoy what you have.

Roze L.
Dec 17, 2008

Kathleen wrote: I would be very, very careful what I write on this forum, as litigation is a reality.

Kathleen wrote again: Maybe it is your attitude that people are put off by. Chill out, and enjoy what you have.

Hey Kathleen, Maybe we don't like being threatened or insulted by you when we discuss this timeshare. Follow your own advice. And if you are so thrilled with the property maybe you should buy up all these available units - they are a bargain! You can sell out in 8 years and make a fortune!

Susan R.
Dec 19, 2008

I already have---I look forward to being able to give more to charity in 8 years.

Kathleen G.
Feb 21, 2009

I own a white week there and paid little for it. I use it to trade at Interval. I was wondering about rentting it out. It is a floating week but I usually get Dec. Thisyear I have Thanksgiving. What is the general opinion of what weeks (as being white is so few) should I shoot for to rent. I won't be asking a lot to rent just to cover my fees and a little extra for Christmas gift fund.

Deborah P.
Apr 06, 2011

I am having trouble selling my timeshare week which is a blue floating period. My mother bought this many years ago and has hardly used it recently due to health. My siblings and I are about to inherit it and do not wnt it. I anyone has any ideas how to sell it or find someone who wants it please reply. JO

Jduy O.
Nov 12, 2011

Hi, Are you still trying to find someone for this timeshare? John

J F.
Jul 31, 2012

This is a fantastic place to own in the ski season, as the bus stops right outside to get to Beaver Creek Resort---eVERYTHING HAS BEEN REFURBISHED TO THE HIGHEST SPECK I am one of many, many owners who woulod never part with it !!!!

Kathleen G.
Aug 01, 2012

I have eight weeks already, but I will ask around--mine are all through the ski season

Kathleen G.
Aug 03, 2012

Hi- just to let you know this guy who is selling this apartment--it is an off too good to miss. It is a great place, just look on their web site-- I own 8 weeks through winter and 19 years ago I paid $14.000 for week 51 and $25.000 for week 52, since then there have been bargains which I have bought, but this is a chance in a million to own such a great place, and the fees are nothing compared to what you have for a week---so just go for it

Kathleen G.

Last edited by kathleeng62 on Aug 04, 2012 02:46 AM

Jan 24, 2013

I stopped paying and got sued. Went on my credit and gave me terrible marks. Plus, still ended up paying because I now had a judgement -- and new fees were still piling up each year. So judgement one year, fees the next and either way -- they got their money. Sell, trade, or keep paying. If you don't want it, give your week to RCI each year, get the points for it and use it somewhere that you DO want to go. Even if the points are low (off season or something), you can use them up to two years later, so that could give you three years worth of points, you shbould be able to find something to trade for???

Nichole T.
Sep 04, 2013

I also sold my Christire Lodge T.S only to have the sale blocked. I refused to continue paying my maint. fees, C.Lodge turned it over to a collection agency.

There is a clause in one of the company documents that states the Christie Lodge can be sold. It can also be turned into a private hotel. It needs the vote of ownership to do it, however C. Lodge management controls well over 50% of the units. Perhaps, a serious email campaign to the board of Directors to address this issue could help us resolve this.

James B.
Mar 14, 2014

Jamesb1267, tell me more about your blocked sale. Did you have a buyer? How much were you selling for? I have a one bedroom blue week that I want to sell. We just don't use it anymore. I don't mind staying there. It's plain and simple, but I'm usually there to ski or hike etc. People seem to trash the place, but I've met a lot of interesting people there, the staff has been friendly, and it meets basic needs for accommodation.

Sherry T.

Last edited by sherryt94 on Mar 14, 2014 08:40 PM

Mar 15, 2014

We have been owners for over 15 years, and now live here half the year and have never seen anyone trash the place--EVER---it is always beautifully kept and a credit to the management and cleaners. You may want to get a real estate agent to try to sell your weeks for you. We only have skiing weeks, but I know people say this is an amazing place, so good luck in your sale.

Kathleen G.
Mar 15, 2014

Thanks Kathleeng62! I didn't think of a realtor. Although we don't have ski weeks, we've done an internal exchanges and have always been called and offered rooms during the time frame we were looking for.

Sherry T.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.