Timeshare Companies

Sunterra Resorts

Dec 31, 2006

Sunterra looks interesting to me--like the areas where they have resorts. Are you happy with Sunterra? What about exchanges? Is it easy to get places in Europe?

Judi B.
Jan 16, 2007

We have eventually found a place to stay each year but their online system is not easy to use. We have used Interval World resorts MUCH more then we have used sunterra resorts. Interval World is easy to use. We went to Spain and we were able to book a vaction in England and a two trips to Mexico. All resorts have been nice. We have 5500 point which equals a one bedroom and that has worked out so far. We are going to Vegas (interval again) this March.

Laurie L.
Jan 17, 2007

Sunterra has some major financial issues going on, see the postings on TUG2.com for details.

John F.
Sep 02, 2007

happy2 wrote:
Sunterra looks interesting to me--like the areas where they have resorts. Are you happy with Sunterra? What about exchanges? Is it easy to get places in Europe?
We've been with Sunterra for about the last 6 years and have been happy thus far -- but then, the only thing I use them for is Tahoe Snowboarding trips. Recently they were bought out by Diamond Resorts. I don't have info on the new owner yet.

Louise B.
Sep 03, 2007

Sunterra now Diamond Resorts as been working for me. I normally trade within the Sunterra system using Sun Options (points). I have been to Europe once but normally alternate between Hilton Head, Sedona, and Williamsburg.

Timeshare U.
Sep 17, 2007

WE HAVE BEEN WITH SUNTERRA FOR ABOUT 10 YRS WHEN IT WAS ORIGINALLY GRAND VACATION CLUB. WE HAVE 8000 POINTS AND GET 4 WEEKS AT SUNSET BAY TENERIFE EVERY DECEMBER. WE HAVE HAD NO PROBLEM WITH SUNTERRA WHATSEVER THEY HAVE BEEN GREAT. BUT YOU DO NEED TO BOOOK 12 MONTHS IN ADVANCE TO GUARANTEE ACCOMMODATION WHICH U REQUIRE. QUINTO DO LARGO IN PORTUGAL ALSO GOOD RESORT AND FOR GOLFERS BUT DOES GET HEAVILY BOOKED. I WOULD RECOMMEND SUNTERRA TO ANYONE WE HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM. JENNY

Jennifer K.
Nov 17, 2007

I have owned and worked for them for 11 years and am Gold Elite. You will find that your ownership is going to be enhanced now that Diamond Resorts bought Sunterra out and your current ownership will not be effected. You will see a lot of changes as they are upgrading the properties and will offer more choices, simplicity and comforts than Sunterra did. I use both Club and II and because we are the only ones that can trade with points through II, the exchanges are easy to get and I have had many wonderful vacations using both systems.

I don't know how many points you own but with the upcoming expansion, I would suggest you add more ASAP because prices will be going up on a regular basis because the new owner feels we are way under valued for how great our product works and I agree.

louiseb11 wrote:
happy2 wrote:
We've been with Sunterra for about the last 6 years and have been happy thus far -- but then, the only thing I use them for is Tahoe Snowboarding trips. Recently they were bought out by Diamond Resorts. I don't have info on the new owner yet.

MaryLou E.
Nov 17, 2007

john1671 wrote:
Sunterra has some major financial issues going on, see the postings on TUG2.com for details.

FYI, Sunterra was purchased by their largest share holder and is now Diamond Resorts. FYI, your reference to Sunterra's financial problems is about seven years old and they did not sell out because of financial problems. Diamond Resorts made them an offer that they could not refuse and paid millions of dollars to acquire the company.

Keep you eye on Diamond Resorts as they will quickly become the best in the industry!

MaryLou E.
Nov 17, 2007

maryloue2 wrote:
john1671 wrote:

FYI, Sunterra was purchased by their largest share holder and is now Diamond Resorts. FYI, your reference to Sunterra's financial problems is about seven years old and they did not sell out because of financial problems. Diamond Resorts made them an offer that they could not refuse and paid millions of dollars to acquire the company.

Keep you eye on Diamond Resorts as they will quickly become the best in the industry!

Are you still a Diamond Resorts employee?

All I know is that my e-mail requests to Diamond as to why my financial records have disappeared from the website have gone unanswered. With Sunterra, you used to be able to log on and see a full accounting of your payments and balance remaining. That is now gone with no explanation or response.

Louise B.

Last edited by louiseb11 on Nov 17, 2007 08:39 AM

Nov 17, 2007

Yes, I still work for them and I access the website almost on a daily basis so I am not sure what type of problems you are having. I own 31,500 points and have been a very happy owner and I am even happier no that we are owned by Diamond Resorts. They are totally renovating most of the resorts and some of the units at the Sedona Summit Resort are already done and they willl be starting on the Ridge in Feb. What impresses me the most is their standard of epectations regardigng customer service and quality.

I am not sure what you mean about your financial records disappearing and I was just on the website yesterday and all my info was correct so you may want to give them a call. I will be more than happy to assist you anyway that I can.

louiseb11 wrote:
maryloue2 wrote:
john1671 wrote:

All I know is that my e-mail requests to Diamond as to why my financial records have disappeared from the website have gone unanswered. With Sunterra, you used to be able to log on and see a full accounting of your payments and balance remaining. That is now gone with no explanation or response.

MaryLou E.
Nov 20, 2008

maryloue2 wrote:
Yes, I still work for them and I access the website almost on a daily basis so I am not sure what type of problems you are having. I own 31,500 points and have been a very happy owner and I am even happier no that we are owned by Diamond Resorts. They are totally renovating most of the resorts and some of the units at the Sedona Summit Resort are already done and they willl be starting on the Ridge in Feb. What impresses me the most is their standard of epectations regardigng customer service and quality.

I am not sure what you mean about your financial records disappearing and I was just on the website yesterday and all my info was correct so you may want to give them a call. I will be more than happy to assist you anyway that I can.

louiseb11 wrote:
maryloue2 wrote:
john1671 wrote:

Laura K.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.