Jan 03, 2007

We go to Summer Bay Resort every year. There is a super Walmart right around the corner and its only about 6 miles to Disney World. We like this area much better than Kissimmee, which is also pretty close. You are still close enough to all the activities around Kissimmee, but without all the crowds. Kissimmee seems to be getting a little nasty, with all the cheesy buffets, etc.

Clermont is still a quiet area, but also close to all the tourist activities you might be interested in. We actually have started planning to spend more time at the resort and less time at the parks.

The lake at Summer Bay is also nice for fishing and other water activities.

We like hanging out at the main pool every night where there is always some entertainment ranging from live music to karaoke. In the winter, they heat up the main pool, so it is nice to swim while you listen to the activity of the night.

Anyone that would like more info about the area, feel free to ask. We have been going there every year for about 5 or 6 years, so we have done many of the local stuff.

Steve

Steve F.
May 23, 2007

We will be getting to say at a 2 bedroom condo; this is for me & my husband and my daughter & her husband (30); what room would you suggest we ask for - we don't want to hear kids in the pool area but would like to have a view of the lake or one of the pools, should we ask for which floor for best view and best balcony, thanks for your help, i have searched and searched the webb and could not find any of this out, thanks...

K H.
May 23, 2007

Hi, if you would like, send me your email address and fax number and I can fax you a diagram of the layout at Summer Bay Resort. They usually don't provide these until you check in, but I saved mine from last year. On this little resort map, it will show you the building numbers. When you get the map, I can then give you an idea of which buildings are which. Summer Bay has some particular things about the layout that you can't just tell from the layout. My direct email address is sdfhou@aol.com and if you will email me, I could even give you my phone number if necessary to explain things that might not be clear in an email. Steve

kh73 wrote:
We will be getting to say at a 2 bedroom condo; this is for me & my husband and my daughter & her husband (30); what room would you suggest we ask for - we don't want to hear kids in the pool area but would like to have a view of the lake or one of the pools, should we ask for which floor for best view and best balcony, thanks for your help, i have searched and searched the webb and could not find any of this out, thanks...

Steve F.
May 27, 2007

We just purchased a flexible time share from summerbayresorts and now I am scared about what I am reading. The way it was explained is we could go any where (off season) for no more than 9000 pts. Please help me to understand this. Diane

Diane W.
May 28, 2007

dianew140 wrote:
We just purchased a flexible time share from summerbayresorts and now I am scared about what I am reading. The way it was explained is we could go any where (off season) for no more than 9000 pts. Please help me to understand this. Diane
Hi Diane, If you want to email me direct at sdfhou@aol.com, I can put you in touch with a friend that purchased a plan similar to yours a couple of years ago and he seems to love it! I think that he could probably answer your questions better than I could.

Thanks, Steve

Steve F.
Oct 29, 2007

Steve, we are at Summer Bay Resort (actually the Holiday Inn Express) now and trying to decide if a Time Share is the right way to go. We asked the Sales Rep for some written information to look at but they did not have any. Do you think that this company is reliable? We were told about using points at other resorts but not told there were date restrictions. We were not told about a flexible plan either. I read about those on the internet. Is this as financially feasible as they make it appear?

Sheri D.
Oct 29, 2007

Hello, My name is Steve. I can give you lots of info about Summer Bay Resort, as well as about different time share plans. I would be happy to share this info with anyone. I wish that I had someone to let me know some important details in the beginning!!

Email me direct at sdfhou@aol.com and I will give you my contact number. That way I can answer any questions you might have.

Steve F.
Jun 13, 2008

Interested in buying a week at Summer Bay Resort, FL, but am confused as to how many programs are running simultaneously there. There seem to be single family homes, villas and "resort", or something like that with 3 different designations from RCI. The villas seem to be only silver crown, everything else is gold crown, which is a bit unusual. Most everyone seems to be selling the resort units on resale. Is is because of the size or the maintenance? Do you have any idea why the rating is different for the 3 different types of units? Have the Resort units been downgraded from Gold to Silver, or had they never made it? Was wondering about the layout of the resort and the Resort units. Can you give me any help on any of these questions? Certainly appreciate all the knowledge that's been shared in this forum here.

Glenn P.
Jun 25, 2008

stevef26 wrote:
The lake at Summer Bay is also nice for fishing and other water activities.

Steve

We just bought at Summer Bay. What kind of fish are in the lake? Do non-Florida residents need a license? Does the resort rent boats? If so, how much? How good is the fishing?

I saw the pictures of the water play structures, but I'd be leary about letting the kids swim in the lake given the amount of undeveloped (wild) land around the resort. We stayed at Lake Bryan last year (near Disney east entrance) and the resort made it clear that alligators were often present and could be aggressive in mating season. That was in a more built up area than Summer Bay.

I've also been reading about a scary sounding amoeba that frequents Florida waters in the summer months that would make me think twice about letting the kids swim in the lake, even though it is rare:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/10/04/amoeba.lake/index.html http://www.boston.com/yourlife/health/articles/2007/09/30/brain_eating_amoeba_kills_6_this_year/

Leonard B.
Dec 18, 2012

We will be staying at Summer Bay in Feb 2013. Is there a free shuttle to Disney World or Downtown Disney. If not free, do you know the cost of the shuttle. Thanks, Eileen

Vic E.
Dec 19, 2012

The resort does have a free shuttle to Disney World. You should contact the resort and find out what the shuttle schedules are to see if they fit your needs.

Steve F.
Feb 03, 2019

Are there alligators in the lake

A B.
Feb 03, 2019

Signs around the lake indicate there are alligators present. But we have never seen them.

Steve F.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.