Timeshare Companies

Has anyone dealt with Time No More, Inc

Dec 22, 2009

I agree, thank you for your time

Ronald N.
Dec 23, 2009

marty8084 wrote:
Hi Ronald,

No, not at all but I think it's best to not put out personal information like what kind of car the guy drives and lawsuits on diversity?? Not sure what why that was relevant. If there is contact information on Craig's List you can certainly let other's know where they can find it. The guy is watching this topic and will complain to us every time his personal information is on here. He probably needs to check other forums as well since the reputation of the company isn't real positive.

Thanks, Marty

Marty, if this guy is scamming people then why shouldn't his personal information be posted since he's a criminal. I've read of situations on these forums of these types of scammers just closing shop .... one was in Georgia .... these people need to be outted. However I realize the potential for lawsuits, but they wouldn't have a leg to stand on in a court of law and they know that. If he didn't want to get involved in a scam then he should never have worked for one in the first place.

R P.
Dec 29, 2009

Hi Nicole: We just found out the we were taken by Timeshare Freedom, Inc. The unit at Pensacola Beach was never offered for sale so the add on EBay was scammed by them. THis happened in Nov 08 and we just found out about it when we tried to use the unit this week. We need help on this one. Thanks. Jon Christie Unit 3F52 Holiday Beach Resort, Pensacola Beach FL.

So no unit, just paid for nothing. :(

Jon C.
Dec 29, 2009

Jon, Sorry to hear about your dealings with TNM. Like so many people in this Forum I advise you to contact Miriam Collins with the Governors office for the State of Georgia. You will find her Contact information on a previous page in this Forum. Please give her a call. Thanks Ron

Ronald N.
Dec 29, 2009

Thanks I will contact Miriam tomorrow.

Jon C.
Dec 30, 2009

jonc92 wrote:
Hi Nicole: We just found out the we were taken by Timeshare Freedom, Inc. The unit at Pensacola Beach was never offered for sale so the add on EBay was scammed by them. THis happened in Nov 08 and we just found out about it when we tried to use the unit this week. We need help on this one. Thanks. Jon Christie Unit 3F52 Holiday Beach Resort, Pensacola Beach FL.

So no unit, just paid for nothing. :(

I'm very confused ... the purpose of postcard companies is to take the timeshare out of your name for a fee of around 3k+ and they put it on Ebay for $1 ... if they did this, then you would not own the week any longer and therefore you could not use it.

The other case scenario .... are you saying you bought a timeshare week from them and it was never put in your name .... if so, how did you know about the week if it wasn't on Ebay?

R P.
Dec 30, 2009

Or are you saying the week wasn't for sale in the first place but was put on Ebay anyway and you supposedly bought it ???? If so, you would have had to receive closing documents and then a deed for that week. If you never received closing documents and a deed then the week had definitely not been transferred to you.

R P.
Dec 30, 2009

jayjay wrote:
I'm very confused ... the purpose of postcard companies is to take the timeshare out of your name for a fee of around 3k+ and they put it on Ebay for $1 ... if they did this, then you would not own the week any longer and therefore you could not use it.

The other case scenario .... are you saying you bought a timeshare week from them and it was never put in your name .... if so, how did you know about the week if it wasn't on Ebay?

I too am confused by the jonc92 post details, but I DO know that some "Post Card Companies" routinely fail or decline to actually record deeds in their own name (even AFTER taking their $3k fee), apparently choosing instead to limit their risk by merely having a signed "Power of Attorney" to sell (...and if the PCC DOESN'T sell it, even for a dollar, then the previous owner of record STILL remains legally "on the hook"). That said, I can't decipher what the poster is saying happened, nor how eBay, a deed or "refused usage" fits into the whole picture.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Dec 30, 2009 11:28 AM

Jan 01, 2010

In Dec of 2008 I went to a meeting with Time No More. I turned my timeshare over to them at a cost of $3400. I figured no more fees and I was done with it!! Haha that was only the beginning!! I got billed for late fees from my timeshare, so I ended up with an extra $300 tacked on to my yearly fee. I contacted better business bureau in Atlanta and Time No More did not respond to them. I have called them but their message machine is full. I have even tried calling the rep that I dealt with and he was out of the country and he didn't answer his phone or return my calls when he was supposed to be back. I tried to cancel the transaction on my credit card but by the time I relized what was going on, it was too late. I still have the timeshare in my name and I am still the one liable for the yearly fee which was what I was trying to get rid of. Basically trying to get rid of it cost me almost $4000 more!!! How can anyone scam people like this and get away with it???

Roberta H.

Last edited by robertah47 on Jan 01, 2010 11:22 AM

Jan 01, 2010

In an ideal world, PostCard Companies put the deed in their own name after taking their exorbitant fee from desperate wouldi-be "sellers".

However, we don't live in an ideal world and some of these outfits simply don't bother to put the deed in their own name while they try to "dump" the timeshare. In this particular instance of "Time No More", they simply went out of business altogether, leaving many people in limbo. The matter is reportedly being investigated by state authorities and Darren Gibson (an apparent Time No More shill, formerly appearing in this very thread as "darreng16") may just end up in jail when all is said and done if he absconded with peoples' money illegally. But, that of course doesn't help you at all in the meantime if the timeshare ownership involved remains in your name, despite your expenditures...

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 01, 2010 01:55 PM

Jan 01, 2010

I hope they all end up in jail. That is where they belong!!

Roberta H.
Jan 02, 2010

Sorry to here about your experiences with TNM Robertah. Please help your self and the rest of the people that have got ripped off by TNM and call Mariam Collins, she is the Civil Investigater on this. She is with the Governors office with the State of Goergia. If you look back a few pages on this forum you will find all of the information to contact her. Thanks again, Ron

Ronald N.
Feb 04, 2010

It doesn't look like there has been much going on on this forum lately, so just so everyone can have a little ray of hope I will let you know the latest on my Timeshare. I NO LONGER OWN IT. I kept waiting to get my maintenance fees and taxes, never came, so I finally called the resort and they told me that it had been transfer out of our names in Sept. 2009. So maybe some of the pressure from this forum is paying off.

Ronald N.
Feb 04, 2010

ronaldn30 wrote:
It doesn't look like there has been much going on on this forum lately.

Your right about not much going on lately but this subject has been going on now since Jan 31,2007 with 192 postings added to it. Not sure what else to be said on this topic. My understanding is Time No More closed up shop. I stated way back in Dec 2007 that for the owners that give $3000-$4000 for some postcard company taking the timeshare off their hands when there are other options is a very bad idea.

Offer it for free or a dollar on one of these timeshare forums. For owners that for what ever reason are willing to throw their hard earn money away on one of these postcard companies is just not a smart choice. I would rather give it to someone that would love having the timeshare for their family use and maybe just couldn't afford it at resort prices.

People that have the idea of giving these companies this kind of money and this would be three or four years of maintenance fee's and they would be even is also ridiculous. This is three or four years of the owner using the resort and during this time could still be sold.

I have trouble understanding anyone who says they can not afford their timeshare but can come up with $3000 or more just to hand it over to these people. These people take your money as their profit and dump the unit on ebay for few dollars. Many times the owner gives their money away then learn later that the person couldn't sell it and never took owners name off the deed and owner gets hit with fee's from the resort. A timeshare owner can do this without being taken by these people for thousands of dollars. We are happy being a timeshare owner and own two units and understand this is hard times but it will get better.

Where can I take my family for seven days to a four or five star hotel resort with kitchen two bedrooms,two bathrooms,three tv's,laundry room and sleeps six for $889.00 ?

As I have posted before many owners should think things out before dumping their timeshares because things will get better and many of these same people will wish they had their timeshare and money back.

PHILL12

Phil L.

Last edited by phill12 on Feb 10, 2010 01:41 PM

Feb 05, 2010

nicoleh145

Nice of you to offer to help...

I bought from TSF on Ebay...and have certified copy of deed from County...but resort saying they cannot record me as owner as D.Patel was not actual prev owner (as documents reflect) Can you help me...why would he go to bother of having it recorded with county to me if it was a total ripoff...

Rod rhhula@aol.com

Rod H.
Feb 05, 2010

It would be nice if you didn't make people who already feel bad feel like total losers and stupid morons by the tone and words you have posted. Have a little heart, buddy. (Also, your spelling is atrocious so we each have our own strengths now, don't we?)

Benedicta Y.
Feb 06, 2010

rodh14 wrote:
nicoleh145

Nice of you to offer to help...

I bought from TSF on Ebay...and have certified copy of deed from County...but resort saying they cannot record me as owner as D.Patel was not actual prev owner (as documents reflect) Can you help me...why would he go to bother of having it recorded with county to me if it was a total ripoff... Rod rhhula@aol.com

I'm confused .... you say you have the certified deed from the county .... was his name not on the deed transferring it to you? Need more information.

R P.
Feb 06, 2010

Well Phill thank you so much for being so high and mighty. Yes the $3500 would be 3 or 4 years worth of fees but then it would have been all done and over with. Did I think of selling it, I sure did and I tried but to no avail. Lets see I paid $500 for an appraisal with Century 21 real estate, which was also a rip off because once you pay the fee they don't even try to sell for you. My situation is very different now than when I bought the timeshare. My partner died of cancer and I have not been well so I can't even drive anymore. Maybe you should try having a litte more compassion and understanding of other people. Not everyone is in your situation. I am now in a situation where it is get rid of the timeshare or lose my home. It is a no brainer to me!! As far as the money to pay the money up front, I got it from my credit card, just like I have been paying the yearly fee for the last 8 yrs!!!

Roberta H.
Feb 06, 2010

sorry...it is confusing...

Yes I do have a recorded deed by the County showing he transferred to me but the Resort Mgmt Company (Diamond Resorts) says he is not actual owner or proper Grantor of property & Deed to me...I guess just because the County records it doesn't mean it is legit. Just don't know if total ripoff or just need to have paperwork for recording resubmitted with proper Grantor deeding it to me.

Rod H.
Feb 07, 2010

rodh14 wrote:
sorry...it is confusing...

Yes I do have a recorded deed by the County showing he transferred to me but the Resort Mgmt Company (Diamond Resorts) says he is not actual owner or proper Grantor of property & Deed to me...I guess just because the County records it doesn't mean it is legit. Just don't know if total ripoff or just need to have paperwork for recording resubmitted with proper Grantor deeding it to me.

Oh my, I have no idea what your recourse could be .... evidently the guy sold you a timeshare that wasn't his to begin with .... I would suggest you get in touch with him and demand an explanation.

R P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.