Playa Grande Resort

Luxury Suites

Feb 28, 2007

We exchanged our week for the year through RCI for a luxury suite at the Playa Grande. RCI indicates 4 persons per room, but it is my understanding that the luxury suites accomodate up to 5 by the resort adding a cot. Can anyone confirm this for me?

Thanks you. ~Debra

Debra R.
Mar 03, 2007

I am an owner at the Playa Grande ...the studios sleep 4 and the one bedroom sleep 5 .....with a fold out cot in the wall in the room.........not to my knowledge do they bring in a cot.......that is what I wanted when we took an extra person and did not want the couch made up as a bed......but they would not bring in a nother cot!

Janine G.
Mar 06, 2007

I have one of the older one-bedroom rooms - building A, and they originally had a hide-a-bed that slep 2, and a chair that folded into a sleeper for one. But they have since replaced that with a sleepr sofa that sleeps 2. This is besides the king bed in the bedroom. So they used to sleep 5 - kind of. But now they really only sleep 4.

William Y.
Jun 12, 2007

We have a 1 bedroom. On "The Ridge", there is a twin AND double murfy bed and a king in the bedroom. The original part of the resort has a double murfy bed, a futon/couch and a king in the bedroom. They are very nice rooms, cleaned daily etc.

Lori M.
Jun 12, 2007

The 1 bedroom sleeps 4 only if exchanged, owners are allowed 5 people. The rooms can sleep 5 though.

Lori M.
Jan 16, 2012

Our one bedroom on the ridge had the following setup.

1 : King size bed behind a closed door with private bathroom. Good for two but didn't feel too squished with two children clambering in with is ( age 1 & 8). Mattress was great.

2: Full size murphy bed - sleeps two if not too tall ( much above 5' 10") Good but not great mattess. Slight concern for small children falling between the bed and the wall. I didn't allow by 18month old to clamber on the bed.

3: Pull out cot beside the TV - ok for 4-15 years old. - not very tall. Mattress was thin as it needed to fold up multiple times for storage. Same issues as murphy bed for very small children falling between bed and wall.

That is the "official bed list".

Un official beds if you ar creative

Sofa is comfable as a bed for one if under 6' : no pull out just seat cushons.

Outside sofa on balcony could be used as a bed in a push - if under 5' 6 ish tall. Reasonably confortable. If cold the sofa could be dragged inside but there would be almost no walking pace in this format.

Total capacity 2 private: own bedroom 2 murphy bed : - if not too tall 1 cot : kid only 1 sofa : if not too tall 1 sofa outside if not too tall & can hack the weather - or drag inside ( v. heavy chair)

Andrew M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.