Villa Vera Hotel & Racquet Club

Villa Vera Problems

May 19, 2007

Villa Vera seemed nice at first glance, but after a week it was apparent there were many problems. As RCI members, my wife and I were given the smallest room on the property (#307), with noisy guests above us. When we asked to be moved, the staff informed us of ongoing construction, preventing a room reassignment—we soon discovered that to be a lie. There was no shuttle service to the beach—it was either a taxi or a long walk down a narrow sidewalk beset by holes, unevenness, and smelly. Although the service was friendly, it appeared that Americans took a back seat at this facility. Upon checkout, we were hit with many surcharges (seven in all), even after using a phone card, the hotel took its share. It smelled of a scam. Our little room was next to the main street and truck noise was overwhelming. Maybe it was nice during the fifties and sixties, but it appears to be struggling now. There’s no way I would return to Villa Vera!

Michael T.
Dec 24, 2007

Thanks for the info we will not go there. Thanks

Andre T.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.