Timeshare Companies

SEABREEZE ADVERTISING

Dec 19, 2007

Search upfront fee timeshare resale companies here and see what you get. You can kiss that $600 goodbye as an expensive lesson learned to never deal with upfront fee scammers again. Believe it or not, some people actually sign up with another upfront fee company after having been scammed by a previous one. Some people never learn.

R P.
Apr 10, 2008

Hello. I am not trying to be prudent here or rude, but I am confused about something within the RedWeek network....

The name to fame here is that basically ALL the Timeshare Resale Industry is a Fraud.......and to do it with RedWeek instead!

1. It says their are supposively 1million members. 2. Ability to post on classifieds and post on bulletins. 3. Did anyone REALIZE....THAT EVERYONE IN THE SYSTEM ALREADY OWN TIMESHARE and WANT TO SELL OR RENT????????

Think about this for a minute... a. People waste time coming here to ask questions. b. People whom write or work for RedWeek post replies. c. People waste even more time posting ads and bulletins on them. d. The people in the disussion groups are either: --Admin of RedWeek or-- --Timeshare Owner, usually 90% of the Time! Exactly how will that help a person wanting to sell their timeshare??

After reading through some of the Bulletins on RedWeek, basically their admin people are trying to 'direct' you to advertise a timeshare within THEIR NETWORK! a. This is the exact thing that admin says...NOT to do...online ads b. One post said to look whom is coming up on the top of a search... --ALL those Sites of Co's that come up top on a search you PAY for! --How do you THINK they got to the top of the page??? NO COST to them?? Funny isnt it. Think about that...Co's pay hundreds of dollars weekly or even thousands to get ads out there and you expect them to charge you nothing? How do you think they as well as RedWeekd stay in business?

Oh...right people say...but you can sell it for whatever just to get rid of it. Well, what do you say to 75% to 90% of the Timeshare Owners out there that have MINIMUM $10,000 Invested??? ----just tell them to dup it for $1? --Yeah, thats great advise. --Anyone else have any bright ideas for this resale industry??

So far we got a user base here primarily made up of Current Owners whom WANT to SELL their timeshare and NOT people looking to Buy along with bright ideas about selling it for $1 when you have Thousands invested to loose. We are off to a great start folks!

I 'WILL' be back later to answer all your questions and see what the infamous RedWeek admin staff have to say. That is unless it is a non-FREE Speech organization and my user account is deleted for telling the TRUTH.

We will see. Hope to be back to answer questions.

Me R.
Apr 10, 2008

mer5 wrote:
I 'WILL' be back later to answer all your questions and see what the infamous RedWeek admin staff have to say. That is unless it is a non-FREE Speech organization and my user account is deleted for telling the TRUTH.

It is strange that you write your first post under user name COACH-1 on TUG. Then within minutes you come over Redweek and write same post under a new user name mer5.

How many more sites and names you going to use today for this spiel.

I guess your just running around throwing this out to see what sticks!

Phil L.

Last edited by phill12 on Apr 10, 2008 11:15 PM

Apr 11, 2008

mer5 wrote:
Hello. I am not trying to be prudent here or rude, but I am confused about something within the RedWeek network....

The name to fame here is that basically ALL the Timeshare Resale Industry is a Fraud.......and to do it with RedWeek instead!

1. It says their are supposively 1million members. 2. Ability to post on classifieds and post on bulletins. 3. Did anyone REALIZE....THAT EVERYONE IN THE SYSTEM ALREADY OWN TIMESHARE and WANT TO SELL OR RENT????????

Think about this for a minute... a. People waste time coming here to ask questions. b. People whom write or work for RedWeek post replies. c. People waste even more time posting ads and bulletins on them. d. The people in the disussion groups are either: --Admin of RedWeek or-- --Timeshare Owner, usually 90% of the Time! Exactly how will that help a person wanting to sell their timeshare??

After reading through some of the Bulletins on RedWeek, basically their admin people are trying to 'direct' you to advertise a timeshare within THEIR NETWORK! a. This is the exact thing that admin says...NOT to do...online ads b. One post said to look whom is coming up on the top of a search... --ALL those Sites of Co's that come up top on a search you PAY for! --How do you THINK they got to the top of the page??? NO COST to them?? Funny isnt it. Think about that...Co's pay hundreds of dollars weekly or even thousands to get ads out there and you expect them to charge you nothing? How do you think they as well as RedWeekd stay in business?

Oh...right people say...but you can sell it for whatever just to get rid of it. Well, what do you say to 75% to 90% of the Timeshare Owners out there that have MINIMUM $10,000 Invested??? ----just tell them to dup it for $1? --Yeah, thats great advise. --Anyone else have any bright ideas for this resale industry??

So far we got a user base here primarily made up of Current Owners whom WANT to SELL their timeshare and NOT people looking to Buy along with bright ideas about selling it for $1 when you have Thousands invested to loose. We are off to a great start folks!

I'm somewhat confused by your entire post above. Redweek is merely a timeshare ad site .... they are a business and not a charity (ie: membership and ad fees which are minimal).

YOU make up your own ad and YOU post the amount YOU want for your timeshare ... Redweek is in no way involved in this process except to own the software for you to be able to place an ad here.

There are many people that merely want to 'get rid of their timeshare' no matter what they paid initially. The ongoing rise in yearly maintenance fees (possible special assessments) and exchange company fees have all risen over the years. Plus many people are not getting the exchanges they thought they would when they bought. Many people that bought timeshares weren't aware that all of the above would happen in the future.

Many people bought thinking they would use their timeshare or trade it, but for whatever reason (financial, changes in lifestyle, don't have time to use it, lost job, changed jobs, moved, had children) --- the list goes on and on for why people want to sell their timeshare.

If you paid $10,000 from a developer initially for your timeshare, you WILL NOT sell for that price (or anywhere near it) on the resale market. That's just a fact. You "may" get 1/3 or 1/4 of what was paid the developer IF your timeshare week is saleable AT ALL, depending on the season you own and supply and demand of your timeshare. Some timeshares can't even be sold for $1 on Ebay.

Anymore questions?

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Apr 11, 2008 06:28 AM

Apr 11, 2008

P.S. I am NOT a member of Redweek's administration/staff nor am I an owner of a timeshare at the present time, however I formerly owned 9 weeks of timeshare.

R P.
Apr 11, 2008

mer5 wrote:
So far we got a user base here primarily made up of Current Owners whom WANT to SELL their timeshare and NOT people looking to Buy ....

Do you have a crystal ball? You have NO WAY of knowing what people who access Redweek ads are looking for.

It's quite obvious that you are a SHILL for an upfront fee resale company and that you have been told by hundreds of prospective clients that they read on Redweek's forums to not pay an upfront fee in the hundreds of dollars to any company to sell their timeshare.

Your frustation is evident, and I, for one, am so glad the message (do not pay an upfront fee) is getting out there to the public. Perhaps it's time you looked for a more lucrative job that doesn't involve scamming people.

R P.
May 31, 2008

We did to the dollar amount of 704.95! It is a WASTE of money and I want to help others avoid the SCAM!

Mark D.
Jun 29, 2008

sheilaswanger4 wrote:
HAS ANYONE DONE BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY . DID THEY SELL YOUR TIMESHARE.

yes, i have signed the contract with them and i was a fool to pay upfront fee because they have not done anything to sell my timeshare ever since we signed the contract. the only way to retrieve my upfront fee back is to find a seller myself. i tried to contact american express because i had paid the fees with my american express but since there was a signed document american express could not do anything for me. this has been quite a frustrating experience. they have my money for the past year and i have not heard an offer of any sorts from them. there's gotta be a better to control these people. if anyone knows what approach i should be taking next please feel free to contact me.

thanks, Yahue

Ya-hue C.
Jul 03, 2008

sheilaswanger4 wrote:
I would like to know others experiences with Seabreeze as most of these companies are a scam.

Nina G.
Jul 04, 2008

ninag16 wrote:
I would like to know others experiences with Seabreeze as most of these companies are a scam.

ALL companies charging an upfront fee in the hundreds of dollars are scams. All they want is your upfront fee. Seabreeze is no exception to that rule.

R P.
Aug 25, 2008

sheilaswanger4 wrote:

If you haven't already done business with SEABREEZE ADVERTISING don't! I listed my timeshare with them in March 2007. It has not been rented or sold and the only time I talk to anyone from Seabreeze is when I initial the call. I have been ripped off before but they take the cake. They had not intentions of selling my property and there is nothing I can do about it except write off the $900.00 sacmmed me for.

Paula C.
Dec 09, 2008

I also listed with Seebreeze in May of 2007, and I haven't gotten any service from them, all I do is write out an additional check each month for the maintenance fees that the assured me they would be able to sell my unit for with 60 - 90 days big mistake it's been over a year and nothing. they don't even answer my phone calls.

Lolly B.
Dec 09, 2008

lollyb3 states in part: >> I also listed with Seebreeze in May of 2007, and I haven't gotten any service from them...<< ==============================================

The only "service" these upfront fee parasites ever really intended to perform was to take your money. With that "service" having been successfully completed, you will never hear from them again. They won't sell your week. Think about it --- who would ever buy from such parasites in the first place, with all of the owner direct inventory available these days at low prices and with no middleman involvement?

Say goodbye to that money --- it's gone and unfortunately, as you surely know by now, unwisely spent. You will need to initiate your own efforts to sell, although this is certainly the worst possible economic climate in which to attempt to do so. Nonetheless, I wish you luck.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Dec 09, 2008 01:42 PM

Jul 23, 2009

I guess Seabreeze Advertising has changed its name to SBA. If you enter the url for seabreeze, it takes you to SBA (www.SBAonline.com). I got a call from them this week. They say that they make their money ($928!) on financing the new owners timeshare. That is why they "market" the property-to get the financing. The name of the financing arm is Meridien Financial Mortgage Brokers. I was told that they sold 12 3 BR units at my resort for $28-31k this year. They said that they guarantee their service and will give me a refund whenever I want one. I WAS interested but not now......

Does anyone have experience with SBA?

Paul E.
Jul 23, 2009

paule58 wrote:
They say that they make their money ($928!) on financing the new owners timeshare.
If they make their money on the financing, then why would they need to collect anything from you.

Mike N.
Jul 24, 2009

OK so I am the one who originally posted about Seabreeze back when I signed with them. I thought you all might like a little update. So back when I signed with them I paid them $350.00. This was after they had asked for somewhere around $900.00 but I told them that was not going to happen and then we agreed that I would pay part now, and the rest when we closed. I dealt with a guy named Jesse. As everyone warned, it appears that they are an absolute fraud. Everytime I called I would get a schpeel about what big event was coming to Daytona(where they are located) and how they are sure it would sell then. Then event after event kept passing by and I kept lowering my price and still nothing. Then Jesse just dissapeared and I was now dealing with Aubrey. Same old story time after time and still to this day...nothing. What a joke.

Jennifer R.
Jul 25, 2009

Jesse (IF that is his real name) is probably still with the company ..... the way these upfront parasites work is hand you off to another associate in the office that tells you that Jesse no longer works there and that she/he knows nothing of what Jesse might have told you.

It's the classic bait and switch scam.

R P.
Jul 25, 2009

Everytime I read another post about these crooks , I get so mad!! I wish there was a way to warn everyone trying to sell a timeshare before they also lose their money to these folks. Kudos to you for only giving them a partial fee. These companies must be getting rich!

Mark D.
Jul 26, 2009

markd293 wrote:
Everytime I read another post about these crooks , I get so mad!! I wish there was a way to warn everyone trying to sell a timeshare before they also lose their money to these folks. Kudos to you for only giving them a partial fee. These companies must be getting rich!

This is why the internet is so important in researching every business out there .... it's a treasure trove of information for the consumer .... if one doesn't have a computer in their home, the majority of libraries have them. Never do business with any company that you have not thoroughly researched backwards and forwards and in and out.

R P.
Jul 26, 2009

P.S. if it sounds too good to be true, then 99.9% of the time it is.

R P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.