Travel Tips & Advice

Vegas Time and $$$ Saver

Jun 09, 2007

I wish we had been informed EARLIER about the $5 Bus Pass that is valid for 24 hours. The 'Double Decker' type are COOL, Clean, Frequent, slow enough for viewing yet are time saver. Our driver said the pass was good for ALL City Transit.

Anyway, this surely beats Cabs and Valet Parking and gas @$3.49/gal

Donald D.
Aug 06, 2007

I've been to vegas many times and I don't know anything about any buses? I've never even seen a double decker bus. Can you please tell me more about the city transit? The only transportation I know about is the Monorail. thanks.

George M.
Aug 06, 2007

amoontoo wrote:
I've been to vegas many times and I don't know anything about any buses? I've never even seen a double decker bus. Can you please tell me more about the city transit? The only transportation I know about is the Monorail. thanks.

Hi. There are actually two monorail type systems, and at least two bus systems. I have used the $5 24 hour bus pass. The 24 hour pass, according to the conductor from whom I bought the pass, said it was good on the city wide system. It actually is a 24 hour pass as opposed to a daily pass. There is also a second bus/trolley system with a stop at the Hilton Resort near the Hilton Hotel near the Convention Center and several other stops. This is not the double decker but more like a gasoline driven trolley. I don't know if the second bus/trolley system is part of the city system. However, if you are in a hurry near rush hour, don't use the Strip's buses, they take forever at rush hour, because of all the rush hour traffic. Stan.

stanleyf5

Last edited by stanleyf5 on Aug 06, 2007 06:37 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.