Timeshare Companies

Santa Barbara Resort and Yacht Club Updates

Jun 23, 2007

Hi everyone! Please post updates in regards to the construction or lack of construction activity of the resort due to the mismangement of the resort and the hurricaine. We want our resort to use however we are growing dischanted and impatient. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

John S.
Aug 09, 2007

According to Mike ( Fairfield/Wyndham/Worldmark expert) on the tugbbs, Wyndham says by the end of 2007 or beginning of 2008

Kenneth K.
Aug 14, 2007

I've always loved the look of their rooms. Hope they are not totally changed in the reconstruction. MD

Mary D.
Oct 26, 2007

I was in the Pompano Beach area last weekend, 10/19/07, and saw repairs being done. Last year we were in that area in Sept. 2006. At that time, the resort was boarded up and looked abandoned. I don't understand why, since the damages occurred in 2005, it has taken two years for repairs to begin. I'm sure the damages were made worse by the resort sitting boarded up for two years. We have been assessed enormous fees for these repairs, $1200 for a studio. Now we are being billed for $618.70 maintenance fees for 2008 due 11/15/07. All this to be paid in 2007 for a resort we have been unable to use for two to three years.

Conny S.
Oct 26, 2007

According to the other website....insurance problems and lack of coded materials ( new hurricane coded stuff....I think it was mainly insurance stalls

Anothe T/S has similiar damage on the Hollywood beachfront, ( Hollywood Sands) and the insurance company said they were out of luck. I saw the assessment charges for the Santa Barbara, this smaller place ( still not done either) had twice the costs & assessments.

( I don't think they (HOA) fought hard enough against the insurance company at the Sands.)

Kenneth K.
Nov 01, 2007

connys wrote:
I was in the Pompano Beach area last weekend, 10/19/07, and saw repairs being done. Last year we were in that area in Sept. 2006. At that time, the resort was boarded up and looked abandoned. I don't understand why, since the damages occurred in 2005, it has taken two years for repairs to begin. I'm sure the damages were made worse by the resort sitting boarded up for two years. We have been assessed enormous fees for these repairs, $1200 for a studio. Now we are being billed for $618.70 maintenance fees for 2008 due 11/15/07. All this to be paid in 2007 for a resort we have been unable to use for two to three years.
======= I hope that you have a Fairfield/Wyndham points ownership at Santa Barbara so that you can still vacation at other locations in the system! MD

Mary D.
Nov 07, 2007

RCI reported they were letting weeks owners ( those that did not convert) also exchange. I think Andy on the tug site reported getting several of his weeks exchanged for others via RCI.

IF I find Madges post, I'll link.

Kenneth K.
Nov 07, 2007

Andy is moderator for the Wyndham Forums:

Q Re: Santa Barbara

Andy, what happens to the weeks and FF points owners? __________________ Ken K

A andy Moderator TUG Member BBS Reg. Date: Jun 6, 05 Location: Toms River, NJ Posts: 49

Resorts: 1,500,000 FF points at Royal Vista Re: FF Santa Barbara

Ken, Points owners can use there points at any other FF resort, week owners will get a week deposited in RCI. - Andy

Q:

bruin1 TUG Member BBS Reg. Date: Feb 16, 06 Location: NC Posts: 68

Resorts: Blue Ridge Village,Fairfield Santa Barbara Re: FF Santa Barbara

Andy- Why would RCI call you vs Fairfield? In the past, since we are owners at the Santa Barbara we got a letter from Fairfield stating that the ?? opening date would be after Dec of 2006.

Thanks Mary Ann

A:

andy Moderator TUG Member BBS Reg. Date: Jun 6, 05 Location: Toms River, NJ Posts: 49

Resorts: 1,500,000 FF points at Royal Vista Re: FF Santa Barbara

RCI called me because I had a number of exchange weeks for 2007. I also own 280,000 points and a fixed week at Santa Barbara.

end of quote. Goes on to report opening expected end of 07 or beginning of 08

Kenneth K.

Last edited by kekouri on Nov 07, 2007 08:47 PM

Nov 16, 2007

adahiscout wrote:
I've always loved the look of their rooms. Hope they are not totally changed in the reconstruction. MD
LOOK ON MY RESORT FOR LOW PRICES ON THESE TIMESHARES, ONE IS OURS.

Richard W.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.