Jul 18, 2007

Has anyone had any luck selling? I have a 2 bedroom, 3 bathroom with lockoff, and a floating week. It seems difficult as there are so many options out there. I worry about the companies that want $ up front.

Kim M.
Jan 30, 2009

"$ up front"? What's the matter, don't you trust me? You want me to actually pay a fee for incompetence and slothfulness??? Forget-about-it! Front-loaded timeshare sales should be the next ponzi scheme to get busted, and go the way of Bernie Madoff.

Personally, I would never front a sales commission, or even listing fee. It is only cash on delivery in my book, just as with any other real property sales transaction. My thought is that a realty company also needs to "put skin in the game", and that is to ensure that they actually DO SOMETHING to make the sale. If I front the commission (in part, or in whole), where is my guarantee that the agent will work to move the unit? Should I trust a salesperson that they will act in a fiduciary capacity? If salespeople don't trust other salespeople, why should I buck the trend? No way Jose!

Don't "W-O-R-R-Y about the companies that want $ up front", just strike them off your list and find a reputable agent that works for a living.

Marie J.

Last edited by mariea62 on Jan 30, 2009 07:19 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.